• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tobe Velox Monosuit Reviews?

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
Anybody use this monosuit for some serious snowbike hrs? I wore out the ass in two sets of Klim before switching to the Klim Havocs last year. They worked well and kept me warm and dry but I am definitely not a fan of the way they fit. I have tried the updated havocs on and find them to be quite restrictive as well. Mostly concerned about the soggy butt syndrome. Any input would be great!!

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
I got one last year, the price tag hurt but after a whole season of being dry I am very happy.

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
do monosuits hold up to snowbiking?

I have seen a few snowbike-specific monosuits but have kind of thought generally speaking they wouldn't hold up to snowbiking (sharp pegs and burning on pipes)....would love to hear otherwise? thanks.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have seen a few snowbike-specific monosuits but have kind of thought generally speaking they wouldn't hold up to snowbiking (sharp pegs and burning on pipes)....would love to hear otherwise? thanks.

How is a mono suit different than bibs and coat for durability?

Either it’s made tough or not?

Klim havoc bibs do great.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The havoc's just feel too rigid for my liking. I have a set and they definitely held up well but definitely more restrictive and slimmer fitting than anything else I ever had.

Durability and dry butt.

“Restrictive” is less of an issue than either of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
I picked up a pair of the fly snow bike pants towards the end of the season last year. Got 5 rides or so on them with no wet butt. Looking forward to seeing how they perform this year.

Only negative comment that I have for them so far is that they are warm. Not usually a complaint you hear about winter clothing, but I create heat like a nuclear reactor (probably says a lot about my riding abilities, or lack thereof...) and sweating is a bigger issue than being cold. They came with a removable insulation layer that I never put in, but still have a lining in them that adds a tiny bit of warmth. I was wearing my Under Armor long undies and gym shorts with nothing else.

Premium Features