• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grip warmer wiring??????

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Went to the dealer to get some new grip warmers after a handlebar upgrade, and after installing them I realized the ones they gave me had 3 wires and the stock ones only had two.....
Was thinking about just policing the two hots together and then ground to the ground, but don't want to fry anything.
Any advice on that?

Srhone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2016
Went to the dealer to get some new grip warmers after a handlebar upgrade, and after installing them I realized the ones they gave me had 3 wires and the stock ones only had two.....
Was thinking about just policing the two hots together and then ground to the ground, but don't want to fry anything.
Any advice on that?

I did that on my 12 sp. it worked fine.

F
Any advice on that?

Not sure what model you have but if it's the 850 I would go back and have them give you right ones with 2 wires.

I had the same issue after cutting the bars down on my 850, had an extra set of 3 wire warmer in the tool box and after I cut the stock grips off and saw the two wires I called the dealer and got a set of two wire warmers.

Premium Features