• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT: KMOD 37" FRONT SUSPENSION FOR THE AXYS-MTN SLEDS

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
picture.php

New from KMOD, 37" wide complete front suspension.

This new front suspension draws on the success that KMOD had with their complete front suspension for the ProRide-Mtn chassis and has custom tailored it for the new AXYS chassis. KMOD's 37" front for the ProRide-Mtn sleds received very positive feed back from customers; those same customers will be looking for the same on the Axys.

Features:
  • Specific construction for the AXYS-Mtn. sleds
  • Cad/Cam designed and mfg.
  • 4130 Cromoly, large OD, lightweight, tig welded construction
  • Factory ride height is preserved using STOCK 16.63" shock length
  • Swaybar compatible
  • Uses factory pivot, shims and snap rings (new bushings are provided with the KMOD arms)
  • Includes Upper and lower A-Arms, all Ball-joints, tie-rods, pivot bushings hardware and instructions.
  • Same weight as stock.
  • Price $695 USD complete.

Talking with Kevin about this in depth....He said that with the KMOD front suspension for the AXYS-Mtn., all aspects of geometry have been analyzed and taken into account in terms of caster, camber, ackerman-angles, toe and bump-steer-avoidance. All of this is designed to translate into improved nimbleness without being "tippy" ...and tenacious bite into the sidehill without "paneling out".

This new front end is designed to be stronger than the factory arms with the ability to deform without breaking... and still protect the bulkhead and chassis.

Click Here for more details on the KMOD webpage.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Factory Pivot-Bushing design is retained.
picture.php

Last edited:
G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
KMod 37"

Put Kevin's 37" front end on my Pro and it is the perfect balance for the sled. Very easy install and top notch quality parts and you don't have to run sway bar which is why I chose to take my 36" arms off and go to 37" KMod. Personally thought Polaris would give a narrower stance option on the Axis for the mountain riders this year. Will wait and see if the Axis chassis will benefit as much as the Pro did with the narrower stance.

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
I had Dan's kit on my pro and ran it 37. I liked it. My question is with the Axys being a much different sled, I am curious to know if the 37 is still the number? Probably going to ride mine on the narrow stance and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I plan to ride my Axys before considering a more narrow stance kit. The people that I know who rode the prototypes this year have advised me to wait and ride it. They believe that I will not want to narrow it up after riding it. I put some seat time on the Ski Doo T3's last year and I liked the 36" stance on that sled. If I do decide to narrow it, I will look pretty hard at the Zollinger Racing Products offset spindles over replacing the A-Arms. It is a less expensive and easier to install option.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Doesn't my sled look awesome? LOL

Anyway, loved the Kmod 37" on my '14 Pro. It was a no brainer to go with it again on my Axys.

K mod Turn Key skid w/Raptors & K Motion getting installed soon.

Last edited:

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
I plan to ride my Axys before considering a more narrow stance kit. The people that I know who rode the prototypes this year have advised me to wait and ride it. They believe that I will not want to narrow it up after riding it. I put some seat time on the Ski Doo T3's last year and I liked the 36" stance on that sled. If I do decide to narrow it, I will look pretty hard at the Zollinger Racing Products offset spindles over replacing the A-Arms. It is a less expensive and easier to install option.

My other sled is a T3 163 which I rode most of last year. I like the 36 front end, but that is not the best comparison as it has 16" track, t-motion (still not sure about that just yet), and a different response to counter steer, etc. I guess I will have to just be patient and ride it.

Although hadn't looked into offset spindles so very curious to hear about how those workout for people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Saw the KMOD 37" front end at the Denver snow show and it looks solidly built and super sexy...

If I had the $$$$ I'd probably be throwing it on the Axys:)

Premium Features