• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Poll 2.5 Power Claw??

Power Claw Track which tracks would you buy?

• Total voters
H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I run a trimmed Attack 20 with..........

the screw-in carbide studs here in MN and I switch to a Chalanger Extreme 2.5 for Out West. I'll use those same two track on my 1,100 T for next season too. Any body want to buy a new 162 x 2.25 Power Claw?

Owen

B

Boondockingak

I run a flipped and straightened AT-20 2.25". During my last ride with 3 other sleds running the 2.25 powder claw, it really seemed that my sled had more flotation. All three sleds were more HP than my stock M7. One modified M7, and 2 H.O. M8's.

I was the 3rd heaviest guy during the ride. Keep in mind that all three of these other riders swear by the powder claw.

In Alaska snow conditions (which are for the most part either light dry snow, or wet spring snow), it seems that the challenger and AT-20 (when straightened and flipped) provide much more flotation than the powder claw in my experiences.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--How noticeable a difference climbing in powder between a 16" wide and a 15" wide say 162" in length?

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
I've been wondering how the PC would do if you cut the top 1/4" off the fingers and screwed in bolts how it would do.

F-Bomb over on the Polaris side does this on the 5.1 Poo track. I thought about doing this to my powerclaw I have on my Dragon. Seems like it would make a better track for firmer conditions. Not sure how well it would work with the brake issue. Before I installed the PC, I had a 155 CE on this same sled. It was AMAZING at downhill breaking. I don't have "trouble" coming down hill, but it sure as hell was easier with the CE. I think the PC is more nimble and faster than the CE. For me, the PC is a perfect track for my riding style.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
--How noticeable a difference climbing in powder between a 16" wide and a 15" wide say 162" in length?

I say a ****load. I have a 16x162 and my buddy has a couple 15x159's, same sleds, and I feel a huge difference.

The 16 wide is waaaay heavier and harder to throw the sled around though.

You wouldnt think 1 inch would make much difference, but IMO it does alot.

If I ever get another sled ill go 15 though, id rather have fun boondocking than climbing straight up big hills, you can only go up and down a hill so many times before wanting to try something else!! :p

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I dont think it should have poor braking at all , the lugs are straight up , not angles back like the pc. Im a bit concerned about trenching , those scoop lookin lugs look like they can dig. I wonder how they get it up and out of the snow. The extreme does it with soft tips , the pc and a 20 do it with angled tips.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
what about the peak ?

got a 146 2.5 peak coming as soon as tracks usa gets it

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I really want to see more options available for the 3.0 Pitch 141" skid.

I have written to Camoplast a few times and they never respond. I know it is not really the majority on this boards interest, but Camoplast make this new track called the Pro XC. 146x1.75 but its only offered in a 2.86". EFFEN works on everything but cats. This track would scream my name if the pitch was right because a 2.25" is too much for my neck of the woods.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
IMHO, the Power Claw is a great track. A 2.5 version would only make it better.

For my riding I care how a track does in deep fluff, sidhilling, trees, with changing load and demands.

I would rather give up a little coming down hill to get these things.

I coincidentally ride the very hills the Power Claw was tested and R and D’ed on. So that may explain why it fits my needs………………..

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
Isn't the new Camo Peaks close to being a 2.5" Power Claw? I know there is some differences but it is closer to a Power Claw than a Challenger.

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
So about 2 years ago cat engineers called me and asked if we would be interested in a 2.5, 3 in PC track as an accessory. I said heck yes thought it would be a home run whats you thoughts would you buy.
Have you heard anything more about it since that 2 years?

Premium Features