• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

seat install?

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
anyone ever install one of these seats? i tried to get one on my 2012 m8 yesterday, and no matter what, i can't get enough stretch to make it fit. best i could do was maybe within 3/4" of where it needs to be. i even tried taking the foam out, and just slipping the cover on, and there's just no way. do i need to cook it in the oven or something?
yes i bout the long tank version. yes i followed the instructions.

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-c...eat-orange-2012-2017-models-without-battery_2

cadeskii

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2012
Northern Mn
I have the short seat and tank on my 12 and it is a pain! I didn’t have directions for install so don’t know how you are trying to do it. What I do is leave the cover on the foam and in the glove box there is a hole to get your hand through and hold the bottom of the seat up so it doesn’t catch the Velcro and push it as far forward as you can. Then try to work the bottom of the cover under the tank as far as you can. Then just keep going back and forth lifting the cushion off the Velcro and pushing it forward then back to pulling the cover under the tank more. It sucks to get on! Mine even ended up ripping a little by one of the plastic tabs for the rivets.

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
The instructions say to lay a plastic bag over the Velcro, and pull it out the hole you mentioned, once everything is in place.
I can't even get the cover by itself stretched over the tank, never mind with the foam and Velcro. Any idea how much length difference there is between the short and long tanks? Maybe someone packed the box with the wrong cover.

Premium Features