• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo install? 2016 Axys

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
I purchased a used turbo for my 2016 axys. Watched a install video several times. Do I have to drill into the throttle body boot to install BOV or is there somewhere else to install it? It came with a ecu that is programmed should I purchase larger injectors also. And has anybody had any luck running there clutch setup or should purchase a kit from indy specialties or some other company, don't want to spend a lot of timing tuning on the mountain if I don't have to. so I don't mind buying a different clutch setup. thanks

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
yep drill 1 little hole pop that thing in and the rest just sets in place! the hardest parts of the install are getting the Y intake on the throttle bodies....man I hade to get a buddy to help me push that on! and the 2ed set of springs are a pain in the arss! the stock injectors are all you need but their are 2 different colors of injectors that match the ecu I think... don't remember what that was all about but im sure someone will chime in on that! I run indy's low elevation clutching primary and 2edary and its spot on, pules hard and haven't blown a belt yet! the whole setup has just ben spot on amazing with no problems just couldn't be happier! mine is on a 2016 axis assault 800 installed right after break-in. and run br9eya plugs gaped at a tight 20 thou.

Cascade Addiction

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
WA Cascades
I purchased a used turbo for my 2016 axys. Watched a install video several times. Do I have to drill into the throttle body boot to install BOV or is there somewhere else to install it? It came with a ecu that is programmed should I purchase larger injectors also. And has anybody had any luck running there clutch setup or should purchase a kit from indy specialties or some other company, don't want to spend a lot of timing tuning on the mountain if I don't have to. so I don't mind buying a different clutch setup. thanks
Yes on drill hole, no on bigger injectors but make sure your injector color matches the ecu. Mine didn't and sled didn't run right till I changed color code in ecu. I've had several silbers, and the clutching has been light on all of them. We worked really hard developing a kit from MDS clutching and came up with a kit that is perfectly matched to the Silber boost/power curve. Call Steve and tell him you want my setup. I'm Aaron Jones with Ride cascade team. He will set your weights up personally on the rider info you give him. He just sales the weights, but can tell you which helix and spring to run. I personally am running about 81grams, a 120/340 primary spring, a 42-46/44-48 reverse cut helix, 225lbs and below you'll want to be on 42-46, above then 44-48 to just hold back a split second to build boost for getting us bigger guy's going. I'm running the blk/silver secondary spring that cam in kit. This works great on 7lbs at 4-7000 with foot or so of new snow to keep track loaded. When running in spring or no new snow, then switching to 5lbs boost will be just fine and not have to change clutching, but has same performance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
This is the current clutching that im running on my Silber set up at 7lbs. Which we normally ride 9500 to 12000 in elevation.

73g weights (im running the team adjustables)
Team almond primary spring (165/327)

Team Black/Silver secondary (160/280)
40/46 .36 helix.

I have been trying several different set-ups and this is the one i have been coming back too. Clutching is a very each their own type thing though im my opinion.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming

Insure that the injector color that is printed on the ECU you received is the same as the colored tape on your injectors/.. Generally Red or Yellow.
Take your time with routing and protecting the turbo Oil line from exposure to heat ( I wrap some of the older kits in a fire blanket- the new ones are a braided line).
Get comfortable with the turbo smart spring cap- I always have my clients feel for the alignment notch with a spring removed to become familiar with it, so while changing boost springs- the cap doesn't get crossed.
A Long good quality spring tool is paramount - making super easy when installing ( double spring) the lower springs on the underside of the "Y" Pipe.
There is ton's of information on Clutching - if you do the search for your elevation.

Super easy install- but these are just a few pointers.

Last edited:
R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
Got it installed yesterday. The springs were the worst part. Installed silber clutching for now so I can go ride it this weekend. What is the max RPM to running at. I cant really test it at my house I am at 3500 feet and we ride at 6 to 8000 feet. Has adjustable weights so it should be easy to adjust on the hill.

Premium Features