• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Goggle Technology

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Oakley came out with some new technology that needs to be mentioned .

I purchased some sun glasses with this PRIZM lens technology and I really didn't notice what they offered until this fall . The clarity and definition/depth of the colors was unarguable .

What's really crazy is that they work great no matter the conditions .

I am not aware of any other manufacture that offers this technology in their eye wear ???

Their flat light comparison on the sight is no joke .

In simple terms they made a single lens that offers the full light spectrum , thus the name PRIZM

http://www.oakley.com/en/prizm/snow

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I use NFX transition googles for dirt and their snow ones.... They work great and so fast you don't realize they are tinting and untinting.... I find they are harder to scratch also.. 150 hours of riding this summer and the lens is not in bad shape.

I purchased some sun glasses with this PRIZM lens technology and I really didn't notice what they offered until this fall . The clarity and definition/depth of the colors was unarguable .

I am not aware of any other manufacture that offers this technology in their eye wear ???

In simple terms they made a single lens that offers the full light spectrum , thus the name PRIZM

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Meh! Smith Sensor has them bet by a country mile for low light conditions.

I bought some when they first came out, as did Chris the mod on here. And we were both pretty disappointed with their performance.

Only use mine on sunny days.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
To be honest I wasn't impressed at first either until my eyes adjusted to how they filter the light .

My eyes are no longer 20 20 and I've noticed it in flat light . I now understand why I could run at a faster pace in those conditions when others were struggling . Finally accepted the fact that I have to use readers and I no longer have 4k vision .

I'll see if I can find those Smith's , Thxs

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Which of the two lens do you like that it might have come with ?

I'm hoping this PRISM is an improvement for those that do not like carrying extra lens or goggles , that be me . It's enough of a pain just pulling over when I don't want to because the goggles are froze , packed full of snow , fogged or wet . The only goggle I prefer for back up is a clear lens because the day starts dark and definitely finishes dark and some lens are absolutely worthless in those conditions .

Actually I'm about fed up with the whole motocross helmet and it's good to see that's changing too .

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

grabbed a pair for 80 bucks ,will try

Premium Features