• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

so who else is boosting their XM???

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
so who's buying what? aerocharger, boon docker, TSS, sibler, turbo performance? not sure who else I'm missing.

myself I'm going a little different route.

centermount 2871, stock 800R pipe welded and braced, non intercooled, boost it fuelling, 50mm dial bov, tunnel dump exhaust with carbon fibre muffler.

I've gathered used parts from a few different places. pics give you a little idea what it'll look like, this is on a 08 800R.

Txp2.jpg TXP.jpg

Last edited:

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
Im going to ride it for a year first. Give the turbo companies more time to refine, and me more time to make up my mind. Also use one year of that warranty. I think I am leaning to Aerocharger, but nothing decided yet.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
so who's buying what? aerocharger, boon docker, TSS, sibler, turbo performance? not sure who else I'm missing.

myself I'm going a little different route.

centermount 2871, stock 800R pipe welded and braced, non intercooled, boost it fuelling, 50mm dial bov, tunnel dump exhaust with carbon fibre muffler.

I've gathered used parts from a few different places. pics give you a little idea what it'll look like, this is on a 08 800R.

not sure if those pics are of your own sled, but im in need of a new snorkel, i had purchased the boondocker snorkel for my sled, their biggest one, being 3" and not happy with it at all, i keep cleaning it after each ride and it plugs right up in the powder, i cant even enjoy having the turbo'd sled in the powder because it wont run with a plugged intake of course.

now im not sure if its because of the pre filter its self is a dud, or if its that they use those 3 tower things meant to flex, but i know the filter sucks in like a bag,

but i know all sorts of other people who have their snorkels burried in powder all day long and they dont plug up at all and the sled keeps on going????

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
thats not my sled but a buddy of mines, and he never had a problem with that intake set up. i plan on runing something similar on my sled this season.

S
Dec 4, 2011
im building a 2013 xm 163 800 with an aerocharger, just waiting for aero to finish there new intercooler and get price figured out
and if the sled would ever show up, that would be nice!!!

M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
I'm dooing a 2013 xm x154 with aerocharger/non intercooled. also putting a 156x16x3 track on it. haven't got my hands on anything yet tho. track and turbo ordered and sled should be here any day.:bounce:

R

Reno Tom

Jun 16, 2009
Doing the same thing to my 2013 154x xm if it shows up.Aero non intercooled.
Missing out on good road ride right now will three feet of fresh snow over the last three days. I new I should have gotten the back up sled ready by now.Well at least I can't break anything if its in the garage.

T
Aug 8, 2011
I was planning to boost mine before I rode it...but now with the sled not coming until after there is snow in the hills :face-icon-small-fro I am leaning towards learning more about the etec system and building a faster NA version of it for the first half of the season. Then doing a full custom system on it for climb season

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I was looking at boondockers instructions for an etec and they tap into the ignition coils, does anyone know why they do this? I am assuming for some sort of ignition control?

I am considering building my own kit again, but for an xm etec using a comp turbo this time

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
assuming its the same thign as how dobeck does it, using the trigger wire on the coil for the RPM signal to fire powerjets in the airbox as i am not sure they can get the signal from the stock injectors.

A
Dec 19, 2011
always love seeing homemade turbo builds.

The carbon can going into the tunnel, very cool.

For those waiting for turbo companies to refine, stop waiting. The 800etec has been around since 2011 remember. Xm is just a face lifed xp. BOOST!!!!

can you shed any more detail on your home built center mount turbo?

Premium Features