• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Old technology new use.

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
Well guys a friend of mine in northern Utah is building a sled with a turbo for a customer. He builds custom InterCoolers. Now he is building one for a sled.
But it is a Water to Air Intercooler. It is expected to increase cooling by 30%.
But, if you add SNOW to the res. It should increase that.
They run water lines down the boards or on the inside of the tunnel.
They have the testing to do. And I am sure they will troubleshoot it to death before releasing it on the public.
As for the water freezing they add a no freezing agent to it. But after the sled is warmed up you can add snow to cool it even more.

I will post pics of it when they are done with the fabrication.
Well I did some checking and there is one on the market already it is for a polaris But I think it could be made to work on a Yamaha as well here is the site.

http://www.hmturbos.com/page7/page7.html This one is a square the one he is building is a tube. So it does double duty.

J
Nov 27, 2007
water to air

already have one on my yamy, brad and val have a set up for the propane kits. brad changed some of the plumbing to fit my boondocker set up. It works as you stated and very consistent. I am waiting for snow to do a compareison with a friend who has a boondocker, will be installing temp guages in the intercooler to quantify the charge temp diff.
Seems like this is where things are going, bigger better FASTER julio

Premium Features