• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Govt attempting seizing Smith & Wesson

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
Back when Clinton was in office S&W was the only gun mfgr to go along with his bill to limit it's sales to military & police only. They have done a lot of restructuring since then but I still remember that they sold out the American Sportsman all by themselves thinking others would follow suit.

B
Nov 26, 2007
sorry man, i don't see anything in either article that directly has facts saying the govt is trying to 'seize S&W'... its speculation at best...

if it actually does happen then there is a huge concern, but seriously, S&W (along with the other gun manufacturers) are enjoying record growth right now, none of them are having $$ problems and therefore not subject to impacting the economy...

M

MPS

Back when Clinton was in office S&W was the only gun mfgr to go along with his bill to limit it's sales to military & police only. They have done a lot of restructuring since then but I still remember that they sold out the American Sportsman all by themselves thinking others would follow suit.

yup f*ck S&W! I vowed never to buy one of their guns again because of this! I still have a S&W 30 .06......they didn't make too many rifles.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
New owners so I will do business!!! ( They do alot for the NRA) they also own Thompson!!!

How do you guys feel about Ruger then?? (ranch rifle assault rifle delema)

Just got a Ruger mini-14. nice rifle.

S+W has a long way to go to get back in the good graces of the general gun lovers graces.

G
Dec 19, 2007
New owners so I will do business!!! ( They do alot for the NRA) they also own Thompson!!!

How do you guys feel about Ruger then?? (ranch rifle assault rifle delema)

New owners but using the M&P line, For me it's too close to what they where.

Not sure on the Ruger deal? I do have a Mini-14 in a Houge stock that has ate lots of ammo, Needs good mags for sure!

D
Dec 28, 2007
bush company AK
New owners but using the M&P line, For me it's too close to what they where.

Not sure on the Ruger deal? I do have a Mini-14 in a Houge stock that has ate lots of ammo, Needs good mags for sure!

See what you are saying there for sure!!!!

Brilliant marketing ploy call it MnP but anyone can buy it (makes folks think the got something special)

They are not Barrett thats for sure!!!!!

( I have a "friend" that designed most of the mnp stuff) I like 308 better!!!

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN

I remember that, my old man swore he would never buy another smith and wesson new our used, and to my knowledge he hasn't

B
Nov 26, 2007
You can build bridges for your whole life & no one remembers, But if ya blow one goat everyone remembers ;)

S&W does not need any of my money!

and they'll get none of mine after that little fiasco years ago... so I bought a ruger vaquero in 45LC instead of the S&W 686 357... i'm quite content with my purchase...

G
Dec 19, 2007
and they'll get none of mine after that little fiasco years ago... so I bought a ruger vaquero in 45LC instead of the S&W 686 357... i'm quite content with my purchase...

Hey how do you like the 45LC? I was trolling last weekend & seen the Taurus Judge in 45LC & 410. I dont need one but I was kind of thinking it would be cool to have one. ;)

B
Nov 26, 2007
Hey how do you like the 45LC? I was trolling last weekend & seen the Taurus Judge in 45LC & 410. I dont need one but I was kind of thinking it would be cool to have one. ;)

i went with the 45 long colt cuz i wanted a traditional round, something a bit different and etc... also looking to get a 45LC henry lever gun... it shoots good, not as much kick as a 44mag, but still offering up a nice recoil comparable to the 357mag, maybe a ~touch~ more... i'd buy it again...:beer;

Premium Features