• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Created my own hell today!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M

MPS

So I promised a buddy a while back I would go ice fishing with him today. We went up to Palisades Reservoir, ID. I borrowed my bro in laws gas auger and ice tent so that made it somewhat bearable. Well we get down to the ice and it has 8-10 inches of sloppy wet slush on top. That was fun....NOT Well we looked like clowns trying to get the easy pop up tent set up. My bro in law didn't zip the door up when he put it away so it tangled when it popped creating havic!

Well we get the tent up and get my little heater going too...pretty cold out. So that slush thing was pretty weird. Anyway 1 then 2 then 3 hours go by....not one bite and the whole time I am hearing sleds playing in the background....I assumed up around Poker's Peak. Which is one of my playgrounds....by that 3rd hour I really wished I was sledding. Idaho Slim invited me today too! :mad: Should have gone! I can handle a bad day of fishing, but hearing the sleds play in the background hurt! :mad:

I'm gonna go to my room now to sulk some more! :mad:

Last edited:
R
Sep 3, 2008
boise idaho
yah im 13 love to ride and so we go on big rides and my dad gets tired when were back at the cabin. right when i get back from riding im ready to go again.
when im not aloud to go i listen to the sleds in the meodow ridin.braaaaaap.
then i get so mad that im not riding. i annoy my parents about snowmobiling alot.:D

M

MPS

sh sh I think I here something BRAAAAAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAAAAP:D

crying-guy_~NIF_009.jpg

rmk 700 that has to suck! Do you have any friends that have dads that will let you tag along?

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
Well your day of hell was better than I first imagined. My first thought was you made yourself another nubby! :D

I too wish I could have gone riding, but my wife had her gall blatter removed so I stayed home. My son and I went for a ride behind the house for 1/2 hour and that eased my pain a bit and made his day.

M

MPS

dang you gave up a thrill sport for ice fishing talk about going from wild to mild.

I KNOW! ...and I spent more than I would have if I rode... with all the tackle, license, and gas! UUUGH!

well that is good rmk700....that you can get out for rides like that!

LOL sodfarmer! ya my nubby was cold again playing in that frigid water! ...and I feel your pain about those surgeries...done that before...not me...but had to sit at hospital and all that stuff. At least you got on a sled today! You ***!

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
combine the two....it isn't that bad. went out yesterday, killed fish and burnt some fuel. tonight I eat fresh walleye, and go sledding with the boys tomorrow.....:beer;

pics001Small-1.jpg

pics004Small.jpg

14 feeds of fish for a day's "work"....:face-icon-small-win
pics016Small.jpg

M

MPS

nice! that is a sweet floor in your tent! I needed that today...instead we had Lake Superior inside the tent!

ya if I go ice fishing this year again...slim chance of that....but if I do, my sled is coming with me...I ain't totting that sh*t up and down that steep stuff again!

Hey revpilot...how is turkey hunting up in your area? I hear it is pretty good? How is the sharptail population up there too?

M

MPS

You do know that you are not supposed to dangler that in the water for bait right?

ya I tried that and a big a$$ lake trout about pulled me in!

OH YA!!!!!! I needed those little hole markers today too! I stepped in one of those b@stards and about broke my leg! Then both legs got soaked because one leg fell in that sloppy slush and the other leg went into the frigid hole! I am always having problems with frigid holes!

Last edited:
R
Nov 26, 2007
East Chester Idaho
nice! that is a sweet floor in your tent! I needed that today...instead we had Lake Superior inside the tent!

ya if I go ice fishing this year again...slim chance of that....but if I do, my sled is coming with me...I ain't totting that sh*t up and down that steep stuff again!

Hey revpilot...how is turkey hunting up in your area? I hear it is pretty good? How is the sharptail population up there too?

Lots of sharptail, don't know about turkey. I'm not much of a bird hunter but I should start because I'm surrounded by game birds on all the grain fields and rivers here.

R
Nov 26, 2007
East Chester Idaho
geese in the grain fields? see much pheasant up there? I am on the Pheasants Forever committee down here.

I see a lot of them but they seem to be the thing to raise by the farmers around here so I'm not sure how domesticated they've become. Also we had a big dollar European bird hunting Club($30k per gun hunts) shut down in the area recently and I think they just turned all the birds out on their own, they're everywhere. As far as geese, I live on the river and used to buzz the house on my way home from work until I almost took a goose in the windshield a few times, my idea of hell is to prop strike big-bird 60' off the deck.:eek:

Premium Features