• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The million dollar question..... must read

X
Nov 29, 2007
great white north
I found this on another site, rather thought provoking.

The queston: where is Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson?? Where are all the Dixie Chic's, Sean Penn, & Jane Fonda to aid in the assistance & hold celebery telethons??? What happend to all the victims assistance programs & free money being handed out like in KATRINA??? Do we hear a flood of assistance from the folks who blamed our president & everyone under the sun for the failures in KATRINA??? Nope... you don't hear about the people of Iowa stealing color TV's & sterios... looting... or how they shot at the helicopters who came to help them. It's because they are survivors... farmers... people of integrity & hard workers. My allegiance goes out to the folks in Iowa!! Way to show your strength & pride!! I am sorry if i sound harsh, but I can't help but think if all the people in Iowa were black & more liberal, they may have more support right now. Anyways, the people of Iowa have my full support... they are real survivors. God Bless Iowa!!

Jul 11, 2001
Waconia, MN
Living in MN I will say one thing. The local News casts did show how neighbors and city officials came together and worked side by side to try and shore up the the levies with sand bags. These people took their fate into their own hands and tried to do something about the problem. Thousands of citizens stepped up and tried to hold back the water.

Granted during a hurricane you can't be out sand bagging, but if there was just a flood that breached the levies; do you think the average citizen of the not so great state of Louisiana would have been out there working to hold back the water? I think not... the average citizen of LA. have been reared to exist on the doles of the government and have just do not have the will to buck up and deal with their own problems.

Premium Features