• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raise your hand if you have had the flu this year

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Good gravy!!

Everyone in my family now has had the flu.............

Started about 10 days ago and worked its way through everyone in our family........

Nasty.......... you get a temp, you feel like your brain is rattling around in your skull, tired all the time, don't feel like eating and the worst part is that it lasts for 4-5 days!

This has to be the worst season by far around here.........

I barely know anyone who has NOT gotten the flu......

Has it run through your house yet?

S

sldgy

58 years of flue free living :beer;
Did have a tetanus shot when I was 16.

Last edited:
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I got a nasty cold about 3 weeks ago, came on thursday evening, i guess friday I was kinda funny to watch at work.... nodding off and more confused than i normally am. Saturday I slept most of the day, sunday I was feeling better but still slept a lot. Monday I wasn't quite 100%, still had a nasty cough and head-cold but the brunt of it had passed.

Totally sucks, it's no fun at all.

L
Sep 25, 2002
Sudbury, On
Same deal here... Mine lasted a little over a week. :confused: I usually get sick for a day or two, but this year was worse than ever. Saturday and Sunday were the worst days, I put on about 300 miles so I guess that didn't help. lol

Last edited:
S
Jan 5, 2006
flu

not me, special rotation of hotsause, malt liquor, shots of sailor jerry spiced rum. on the off days i blend vodka and fruit punch flavor packets. also wash your hands alot. no bad germs in my body

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
not me, special rotation of hotsause, malt liquor, shots of sailor jerry spiced rum. on the off days i blend vodka and fruit punch flavor packets. also wash your hands alot. no bad germs in my body

Damn, if there are any germs in your body they are too f'd up to do anything anyway.

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
Be Careful, it might not be the flu.

I thought I had the flu, after a 5 day boat show. 3 days, 11 hrs, 1 8 hr, and then a 5 hr... All the handshaking, etc...

Went home with Flu like symptoms, thought it was the worst Flu I had EVER had. Nope. Pnuemonia!!!

If it is flu like, and doesnt go away after 2 or 3 days, go see the Dr. I have heard of more people with Pneumonia this year than I can ever remember.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
raisedhand.jpg

Dame near the whole month of February was screwed up with the bugs. Nasty stuff.

D
Jan 31, 2008
No flu here but 3/4 of the guys at work were out for a week or more.Nothing like vitamins and garlic to keep the bugs away!

W
Nov 21, 2007
If it is flu like, and doesnt go away after 2 or 3 days, go see the Dr. I have heard of more people with Pneumonia this year than I can ever remember.

I second that. My boss had it, thought it was the flu and kept working. She overworked herself and the pneumonia took her life!!! She was young, healthy, worked out lots and ate right too.

Please be careful.

Back on topic, I've managed to escape it (had the flu shot) so far, knock on wood.

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
got the flu right now ....and alls I gots to say is .....for those of you that have the flu , wake up with the sweats and chills and aches .....and call into work sick .....SHAME ON YOU

I was on the road and for the last three days was just trying to get home ......with all of those symptoms ....did I call into work and say I was sick ??? ....nope ...just cowboyed up and drove 1000 miles to get into my bed ....

M

MN_Nole

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Big Lake, MN
Nope not gotten it yet, every one at work got it from there kids though. All I can figure is they had to much blood in their alcohol system.

Now I just cursed myself, now gonna have to step up the drinking to Switchback's level. Like that is ever possible..

regardless of the lawsuit, once I see a sick member at work I pop those Airbornes, like there is no tomorrow, costly but no major cold or flu, yet..

Last edited:
Premium Features