• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Dealer Show Pics !!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
I like the improvements to the M series. New skid looks good, as does the factory boss seat option if you spring order. Interesting new track on the M series. The lugs are folded in the opposite direction at the tips compared to past sleds. Looks more like a scooper track instead of a planer. Kindof a cross between a finger track and a straight paddle.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
you can see it on the pdf pages... looks good. Imagine a 20 with the paddles straight and a few pairs of fingers thru out the track. 2.25 tall. sj

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
it looks like a attack20 only no flippers and every outside edge is fingered, no-wheres else is there fingers...only on the outsides.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, CO
How does the new reverse system work? It says "ENGINE REVERSE" on the model features section. So do you pull start it normally then push a button for reverse and then restart the sled for the engine to run in reverse? Or is it electric start?

Help me figure out this new fangled teknowlogy.

it is the same reverse as the polaris and ski doo. basically spins the engine backwards

B
Nov 26, 2007
If it is like the Polaris you just push the button and it stops the motor for a second, then it starts again but in reverse. To get it normal you just push it again.

if that is true then BRAVO!!!! imho, one of the coolest features i've seen on a sled in years... i've got it on my current polaris and it is just damn cool...

A
Feb 23, 2008
i'm not a cat guy, but WTF do you want?? an all new lineup every single season??? i think eveolutionary changes are the best way to go... this past season cat has had about the fewest problems of all of 'em... i'll take problem free over cutting edge any day of the week... and this is the best lineup they've had since the original M's hit the market... tweak and tune to get more out of what are already damn good sleds... i think cat and polaris are both on to something here by both doing evolutionary changes, refining instead of reinventing... upping quality and durability while giving a solid sled you can count on...

i applaud them for it...

WELL SAID!!! They could build the whole thing out of unobtanium and weigh only 150 punds with 350 horsepower and get 75 miles per gallon, but who cares if it won't last the day!

Give me a sled that will run all season and I'll dig out a few extra times, and make a few more tries at the high mark.

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
If it is like the Polaris you just push the button and it stops the motor for a second, then it starts again but in reverse. To get it normal you just push it again.

I hope thats true- but I have heard that it is the same ( electrionic reverse)
as in the last 2 years- there is still the patent on the backwards running motor..But would be great if they finally did

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Man, I am a little disappointed. I was ready to dump the 07 M1000 for an 09. Now I am not so sure. It seems like some very minor incremental improvements is all. I might have to hold on to old orange for another year.

22lbs? That's it? Mostly from reverse case delete and stuff you can already do to the tunnel and skid for cheap anyway. (BD xtreme parts)

No HP increase? No direct injection?

Adjustable handlebars? Great for rentals, but I would take them off first thing.

The spring boss seat is nice, but come on Cat, where are the REAL changes? We have to wait for 2010?

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Explain how Doo got the battteries ingition to run thier new DI 600 motor. Cat has the patent on that one, I would say trade between cat and doo for the electroinc reverse. That is similar to what Poo did in their trade with doo over the trailing arm patent infringment Doo did to poo. To solve that legal issue they cross liscenced between them. That is how poo got the electronic reverse. I like the new lineup for Cat, I also like the refinement approach. This is much more than BNG, 22lb less weight, perc style reverse, new type of tunnel and rear skid etc etc. The M was already a kick a$$ mountain sled it now just got better without sacraficing reliability IMO!

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
the new rails look really holy now... but still look strong than the xp's.

i like the graphics of the '08's better...

having the extra 9 lbs dropped off for the electronic reverse would be nice!

Premium Features