• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help getting transfer out of the new '08 skids....

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
On the rear mount bracket, there is a lower hole. Anybody try the susp there? Results?

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV

Kinda funny that you would post that; while I was sending a PM.:D:beer;

Got you back!!!

ANYBODY, LOWER HOLE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I ran it all last season in the lower hole. Picked up this skid from dmkhnr first of last season and traded it out on my 05 with the old coil spring suspension. In the lower hole it rides considerably better on the bumps and climbing was every bit as good if not better than the stock 05 skid.

Just what I found......but remember I am running a 174" track.

R
Feb 2, 2008
Grande Prairie
i rode in the lower hole for the last half of the season last year. could not tell a big difference but i think it would alow to move more snow through the tunnel as the track and bottom of the tunnel are farther apart. But i did feel that it would put alittle more pressure on the front end which is what i wanted to get away from. i have read somewhere to drill out that back lower hole on the front of the skid and return the rear to the upper hole. I heard it will greatly improve transfer and i can kinda see it. i will try this setup this year.

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
Will lowering the front arm down in the tunnel to the lower hole cause to much transfer and cause it to trench?

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
You guys dropping your front.........the m series sleds already have a problem with wanting to speer the track with the front end of the rails (my end caps already show wear from the track clips) , how are you going to stop this from even being a bigger issue?

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I have an 08... From my understanding, the 07 has a lower front hole that can be drilled out that helped to get more weight transfer.
The 08 does not have the option to drill out a lower hole as there is not one in the support plate to drill.
07 skid is a spring skid... 08 is a float skid.
I think people are confusing the 2.

S
Nov 26, 2007
I have an 08... From my understanding, the 07 has a lower front hole that can be drilled out that helped to get more weight transfer.
The 08 does not have the option to drill out a lower hole as there is not one in the support plate to drill.
07 skid is a spring skid... 08 is a float skid.
I think people are confusing the 2.

My 08 with the float skid has a lower and a higher hole the can be drilled out in the support plate.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
My 08 M8 has an upper and lower hole in the front support bracket on the Inside of the tunnel.
I drilled out the lower hole while changing to the powerclaw and plan on testing it in the stock vs. lower hole once we get some decent snow.
Planning on keeping the rear in the upper hole.

I rode last weekend (need more snow) and found that I needed to pump my Float up to around 130psi to keep it from sagging in the stock config, I'm 225lbs with gear.
It wouldn't even come up all the way with me off the sled at 100psi?

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
o9 162

did they change the skid geometry for 09 or is it the same as 08?

Last edited:
Premium Features