• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

West Yellowstone Riding

jlombard

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2018
Let us know how it is, I think everyone is anxious to hear how conditions are.

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
My reports are coming in pretty bad. Nothing but dirt and rocks on the trails look at snotels they also tell the story very low snow even at elevation

FL_NOLE

Premium Member
Jan 4, 2018
Have trip scheduled for week between Christmass and New years. From the looks of things may have to call and cancel. Looking at other locations, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Nothing but dirt and rocks on the trails
You can't run groomers on DIRT and ROCKS and the Groomers started running today.

There is snow.
Like most years for us its NOT nearly what we would like it to be this early in December,

Black Bear, MT [Graph]:
Current Snow Depth: 33.0in
Snow Water Equiv: 8.0in
Current Temp: 17.0F

plot

jlombard

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2018
Saw on the Fremont county blog that as of Dec 14th they still can't groom. Hopefully it will start snowing, forecast is showing several days with light snow through the end of the year but nothing significant.

trail traveler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2014
WA state
Hey riders - mostly trail riding now. Had some good off trail riding on the Idaho side of two top but limited areas. Pray for more snow tonight!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
We're staying from 12/26 thru 1/4 just outside of West Yellowstone. Please keep us posted on conditions. It's too late to change plans now, so we're hoping for the best. I hope more snow is on it's way and you have a wonderful trip.

FL_NOLE

Premium Member
Jan 4, 2018
We're staying from 12/26 thru 1/4 just outside of West Yellowstone. Please keep us posted on conditions. It's too late to change plans now, so we're hoping for the best. I hope more snow is on it's way and you have a wonderful trip.

Flying in the 26th as well, hoping this system is more than they are projecting.

montanapup

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2017
Washington
www.iceboxxpro.com
Fellow riders - report from West Yellowstone tonight. Cabin Creek has the deepest snow up the Big Sky trail. All groomed to top then single track to Cabin Creek. South Plateau is groomed to BPA power line. Madison Arm Loop is a groomed highway. Nothing groomed up Lions Head, but not much use if you want to see wildlife. Snow coming tonight - should be better in the near future. Enjoy and Merry Christmas

D
Mar 6, 2003
MN
Update

Does anyone have an update on conditions?

We are headed out next Saturday and some of the reports have me a little nervous.

Premium Features