• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Caliber Sled Wheels vs. Carbide Savers?

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
Wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these. I have to take my sled across a long driveway and my present rollers come off the skis. I will also be using them a few times in the summer to move my sled across grass. I like the look of the Caliber Sled Wheels, but plastic tires seem too small. Carbide Savers seem to have a steel wheel design.

F
May 16, 2018
Carbide Savers

I can tell you this, I have both sets and the Carbide Savers hands down is 100% better. They back there product with 100% customer satisfaction!!! Great customer service and product.
The Caliber product broke the second time I use it, this is why I went with Carbide Savers!

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
I can tell you this, I have both sets and the Carbide Savers hands down is 100% better. They back there product with 100% customer satisfaction!!! Great customer service and product.
The Caliber product broke the second time I use it, this is why I went with Carbide Savers!

Caliber also has a lifetime warranty on there products. Go on there website and fill out a claim with a couple pictures. They will ship you replacement parts.

F
May 16, 2018
Caliber also has a lifetime warranty on there products. Go on there website and fill out a claim with a couple pictures. They will ship you replacement parts.

YEP, And so does Carbide Savers. I called them and asked what was there warranty? LIFETIME ALSO.
I will stay with the original Dolly system!!! Stronger and easier to put together.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I would like to try the Caliber product. I have the carbide saver, they're ok, the steel needs to be a bit thicker on the side where the axle attaches, as it flexes a lot when I'm driving around the driveway. I had to put slime in the tires so they would hold air, they only need air once per yr now.

Sent it

R
Nov 30, 2019
I would like to try the Caliber product. I have the carbide saver, they're ok, the steel needs to be a bit thicker on the side where the axle attaches, as it flexes a lot when I'm driving around the driveway. I had to put slime in the tires so they would hold air, they only need air once per yr now.

Sent it
Thanks for the info. With that being the case on the carbide savers, I totally agree with you in needing thicker steel. Flex wouldn't be a good thing, especially for heavy four strokes.
Caliber sled wheels on the oother hand, have a bit of plastic and nylon. It now appears that they're on their 3'rd
hook and saddle assemblies calling it the all black. On the flip side, I wouldn't be afraid to buy these due to their excellant warranty of free replacements of the new hook and saddle assemblies. It appears that they stand tall behind their products. I do plan on using their other products on both of my ramps...... Thanks again. ??

R
Nov 30, 2019
Couple more question's for you Caliber Sled Wheels owner's;
1) Can you use these in reverse?
2) How are these for loading and unloading in trailers?
I haven't seen any video's for either situation. Thank, Ray ?

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Couple more question's for you Caliber Sled Wheels owner's;
1) Can you use these in reverse?
2) How are these for loading and unloading in trailers?
I haven't seen any video's for either situation. Thank, Ray ?
Yes you can use them in reverse. THey work great!
You can use them for loading into trailers as long as the transitions at the bottom and top of the door aren't too big. If the wheel hits a big edge at the bottom or falls into the big crack at the top you will have issues. If you have Caliber edge glides on both transitions they work great!

This video shows coming out of the trailer and back in the back with Sled wheels on.

R
Nov 30, 2019
Yes you can use them in reverse. THey work great!
You can use them for loading into trailers as long as the transitions at the bottom and top of the door aren't too big. If the wheel hits a big edge at the bottom or falls into the big crack at the top you will have issues. If you have Caliber edge glides on both transitions they work great!

This video shows coming out of the trailer and back in the back with Sled wheels on.

Awesome...... Great to know. Have an awesome holiday! ?

Premium Features