• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ISO Timbersled Kit

S
Nov 6, 2017
Wisco
Really open to any as long as its 15 or newer, near Wisconsin or that will ship here for 3000 or less. It's for a YZ450F but not that its a huge deal.

Keep in mind the new 120 Raws are 3300 with fit kit, just got quoted but this will be my first one so trying to keep costs down so I can build the rest of the bike and maybe upgrade to an aro next year.

Thanks

Last edited:
V
Dec 9, 2007
Timbersled

I have a 2011 Timbersled Mountain Horse Kit with less than 50 miles on it I may be looking to sell.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Get the raw. Track is much better than the 15 and olders. Plus it comes with the new ski and spindle which is a huge upgrade. Although, where you’re at maybe not quite so much. Reinforce the spindle, grind down the center carbide and ride worry free.

S
Nov 6, 2017
Wisco
Thanks for the info needpowder, and the offers guy. I actually picked up a Raw kit local, well 2 hours away for 2k already got a fit kit and threw it on.

Pretty pumped! Just hope I made the right decision selling the Freeride :face-icon-small-sho

We only ride the Yoop or West trips so should be hell of a time, needpowder what did you mean by reinforce the spindle? As in do what? and yeah I drove it around the yard, that center wear bar is something serious

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the info needpowder, and the offers guy. I actually picked up a Raw kit local, well 2 hours away for 2k already got a fit kit and threw it on.

Pretty pumped! Just hope I made the right decision selling the Freeride :face-icon-small-sho

We only ride the Yoop or West trips so should be hell of a time, needpowder what did you mean by reinforce the spindle? As in do what? and yeah I drove it around the yard, that center wear bar is something serious

Nice one buddy, that’s a hell of a deal! So, to reinforce the spindle, you just buy one or two more of those round threaded supports from timber sled. Or I guess you could probably find something similar at a hardware store. What I am talking about is the one that is already on your spindle but there is only one and there are holes for two more. If you don’t the front will open up If it is used it is probably already opened up a little bit so you might need a washer or two. I’ll try to find a picture.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Spindle reinforcement

Spindle reinforcement. Here you go. First picture shows how much mine opened up after a couple rides without even really hitting anything. Probably only need the extra one but I added two for fun.

Well, it’s not letting me upload my photos right now. Basically the silver spacer bar that is about 3 inches long in the back of your spindle. Add at least one more of those in the top front. Just remove the nuts and use the existing bolts.Hope that makes sense.

S
Nov 6, 2017
Wisco
Spindle reinforcement. Here you go. First picture shows how much mine opened up after a couple rides without even really hitting anything. Probably only need the extra one but I added two for fun.

Well, it’s not letting me upload my photos right now. Basically the silver spacer bar that is about 3 inches long in the back of your spindle. Add at least one more of those in the top front. Just remove the nuts and use the existing bolts.Hope that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense. Going to add two because why not..

Premium Features