• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

? MTNTK Turbo ?

P
My MTNTK turbo is being installed in their shop right now. Anyone have some videos of one running? Can't wait to pick up my sled this Sunday at the Salt Lake City snow show!

And who else ordered one?:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
They flat out work awesome. They make great power, there super reliable and truly are a pull the rope and ride kit. i have personally rode the new Axys kit and several kits on the pro. Here is a link of the local dealer and his 2016 axys 163 3". Running 74g at 7000k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCcNDgpmlY

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
When you "click" the quick reply icon and start typing, theres a small square box that has a small mountain in it. "click" on that and you can upload pics that way.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
fit/finish/install/price/quality/costumer serves? to just SAY {its far superior to others} does not help me know people that say cats are the BEST doo is the BEST I am a poo guy I have owned all 3 and glad poo got back on top of the pack. I got an axys -its 800 ho engine put out great HP-150-160, lightest chase on the market by a lot 418 pounds, power delivery to the snow is amazing, lift right out the snow with minimal trench, and the ergonomics are the best iv ever felt. knew this all B4 I got the sled. looking to invest in a turbo and don't know any one that has one much less all 3, I am looking to know as much as I can about the different brands so I'm happy,happy,happy with the one I get! if u know why this turbo kit is superior I would love to hear it so it can help me in my investment thanks :D

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
fit/finish/install/price/quality/costumer serves? to just SAY {its far superior to others} does not help me know people that say cats are the BEST doo is the BEST I am a poo guy I have owned all 3 and glad poo got back on top of the pack. I got an axys -its 800 ho engine put out great HP-150-160, lightest chase on the market by a lot 418 pounds, power delivery to the snow is amazing, lift right out the snow with minimal trench, and the ergonomics are the best iv ever felt. knew this all B4 I got the sled. looking to invest in a turbo and don't know any one that has one much less all 3, I am looking to know as much as I can about the different brands so I'm happy,happy,happy with the one I get! if u know why this turbo kit is superior I would love to hear it so it can help me in my investment thanks :D

$/component is where this kit really shines. Preseason price was $4000. Now it's $4400.

You get:

• BW EFR Turbo (better than anything else out there)
  • Water to air intercooler (Others are non intercooled at that price)
  • Tunnel cooler for increased cooling capacity
  • Quiet Exhaust
  • Bully Dog GT Tuner (no sending in the ECU for reflashes, you can datalog, etc. Especially helpful for diagnostic purposes)
  • Compact packaging. The turbo is about as centered as possible. Very tight fit in the engine compartment. This allows them to build a larger volume muffler. And there's room for under hood bags.
  • Makes more hp on pump gas because it is intercooled. You can run 10lbs on pump gas at 10,000'.

The negative to this kit is the install. It takes more time to do. It also weighs a bit more - maybe 10 lbs more than other kits.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Agreed ^^^ Check out how many guys in the turbo car world replace Garrett or Hybrids with Borgs EFR for throttle response.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
thanks tdbaugha I have used the sight for many years (new member) for info and all the ??? used to have replies like that the good and the bad to help educate the ignorant so we can make a choice that fits our needs ! thanks and looks like ill need to do some homework on the kit :D

T
Jan 4, 2011
The biggest downside to the MTNTK kit is that it blocks off the stock SDI fuel injector location and relocates the injectors in front of the throttle plate. Sucks from an efficiency standpoint when it comes to fuel economy, but for overall power I see no downside.

I would have really liked to see them keep the stock injectors and just add the secondary injectors in the location they have them now to supply additional fuel when needed.

Other than that, overall weight is the only other downside with the tunnel cooler and intercooler as well as the efr turbo itself making the kit heavier than competitors kits. I think this is a small price to pay for how much more capable and complete the kit is.

EFR > GT2860

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Read why they did what they did with the injectors.

https://www.mtntkperformance.com/turbocharger-kits/16-current-polaris-800

There earlier kits where non intercooled you could probably buy one that way if your worried about the extra weight. As far as the Borg weighing more than a garrett with a external waste gate I think your splitting hairs. Im sure a chunk of the extra weight is from the quite muffler. They offer a race muffler, most likely lighter and LOUDER. For myself it would be the big muffler, sick of my ears bleeding.

Last edited:
T
Jan 4, 2011
Read why they did what they did with the injectors.

https://www.mtntkperformance.com/turbocharger-kits/16-current-polaris-800

There earlier kits where non intercooled you could probably buy one that way if your worried about the extra weight. As far as the Borg weighing more than a garrett with a external waste gate I think your splitting hairs. Im sure a chunk of the extra weight is from the quite muffler. They offer a race muffler, most likely lighter and LOUDER. For myself it would be the big muffler, sick of my ears bleeding.

You act as if I didn't already read and understand their explanation of why they moved the injectors. I am just saying the same end result could be accomplished with better partial throttle fuel consumption leaving the stock injectors in place and making the throttle body injectors auxiliary, supplying only additional fuel when needed. I understand the tuning of a setup like this would be substantially more difficult and the fuel consumption difference might be negligible, just giving a best case scenario.

I still think the MTNTK kit is the best on the market, especially when you take price into consideration.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Your efficiency loss from moving the injectors is negligible. Do you care about emmisions on your 200 hp turbo sled? I certainly don't.

Injecting fuel in the bottom end helps lubricity and cooling of the crank bearings. I think it's awesome.

In addition, their oil for the turbo is routed through the center section and then back into the intake stream before the compressor. When oil goes through the compressor it is atomized. I don't expect any "gumming" in the intercooler.

T
Jan 4, 2011
Your efficiency loss from moving the injectors is negligible. Do you care about emmisions on your 200 hp turbo sled? I certainly don't.

Nice logical justification of an out dated injection method... Anyway, I don't care about emissions so much as maximizing my time on the mountain without having to drive back to the trailer to refuel.

Why would the Corvettes, Porsche, Audis, Mercedes, etc. be making more power out of the same displacement motors and induction methods if direct injection did not allow for more power in addition to more fuel efficiency?

I agree that the cooling and lubrication on the rod bearings is a good thing. Are you saying this could not be accomplished using the throttle body injectors as secondary injectors?

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Nice logical justification of an out dated injection method... Anyway, I don't care about emissions so much as maximizing my time on the mountain without having to drive back to the trailer to refuel.

Why would the Corvettes, Porsche, Audis, Mercedes, etc. be making more power out of the same displacement motors and induction methods if direct injection did not allow for more power in addition to more fuel efficiency?

I agree that the cooling and lubrication on the rod bearings is a good thing. Are you saying this could not be accomplished using the throttle body injectors as secondary injectors?
Polaris engine is not DI.... Rotax Etec is. Running 4 injectors you have to run a piggy back, then you are getting away from the simplicity and control of the reflash. Early turbo 2 strokes were all the the secondary injector system. Some still use that system. I currently own a Boost-it Pro running basically the same system your referring to. Have you owned both systems?

Last edited:
Premium Features