• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Shocks

sledjunky_86

Premium Member
Jan 22, 2013
So I have been trying to decide what shocks to get for my new G4 165X. Decided on the Fox Float 3 Evols for the ski shocks and now I am curious if the skid shocks are going to be the same length as the ones on 2016-163's? Fox doesn't have any skid shocks on their website yet, was wondering if it's because they are same as last year or if they just haven't built them yet?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
So I have been trying to decide what shocks to get for my new G4 165X. Decided on the Fox Float 3 Evols for the ski shocks and now I am curious if the skid shocks are going to be the same length as the ones on 2016-163's? Fox doesn't have any skid shocks on their website yet, was wondering if it's because they are same as last year or if they just haven't built them yet?

Yes....the skid shocks should be the same.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
As the others have said the rear shocks are the same 165 vs old 163.

Tom at Toms Snowmobile would be able to fill you in on the technical aspects

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
For the G4, the entry level replacement is this Fox 1.5 Zero Pro shock. This package will cover all 4 shocks, (front ski, and rear skid) for around $1,100.00, including new coil over springs fro ski and center. That will qualify for a "best bang for your buck", even over a revalve on stock X models. From there, the choices include various different variations of external adjustments, as well as air shock or coil over type shocks. These would be; 1.5 Zero Pro QS3-R coil over, Float 3 Evol, Float 3 Evol R, and the Float 3 Evol QS3-R.
This is all for ski shock options. We will supply a different reply for rear skid options

IMG_0728.jpg IMG_0729.jpg

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
..sigh..
Whoever you buy them from, ask if they have ever actually ridden/tested them.
And take feedback from people who actually pay for them and are not just given free product to hype it up.
Been there done that. Ruined a season......

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
Fox spent a lot of time testing suspensions for the new 850 this past season. For Fox, it meant a lot of travelling to have access to the sleds that were out in the field, but they did make it happen. All of their offered product fits nicely on the new 850, making it plug and play. With the new QS3 quick adjust, it is fast and easy to make simple suspension adjustment changes.
For those looking for coil over type product they have done an excellent job there as well.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Fox spent a lot of time testing suspensions for the new 850 this past season. For Fox, it meant a lot of travelling to have access to the sleds that were out in the field, but they did make it happen. All of their offered product fits nicely on the new 850, making it plug and play. With the new QS3 quick adjust, it is fast and easy to make simple suspension adjustment changes.
For those looking for coil over type product they have done an excellent job there as well.

When will you be putting out more info on the 2nd generation E-motion?

Premium Features