• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who rules mountain 800's?

?

• doo

Votes: 371 32.9%
  • poo

Votes: 525 46.6%
  • cat

Votes: 236 21.0%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
Poos are looseing some poll steam and %.are doos kicking their buts on the mountains or poo parts still falling off or both?LOL.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B28o3frj78&feature=youtu.be

I wount put up the video, cause of there is a some swearing. But this is funny suff !

Just for fun so dont get all bent up! Im not a Buandt fan either. poor ski doo gets it in this one !! Sorry to all my Doo friends. enjoy

Some Doo boys made a comeback video, lol!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpTPg7Z_FVU
We Dangle Hard, Like Chris Burandt.... Or do our best trying to heat our raviolis in our Muffpot while doing donuts by the parking lot.

M

mwgiant

Feb 4, 2008
I have been riding for 25 years and was a Polaris fan most of the time until I bought a turbo apex great power but way to heavy so I bought a 09 summit for a back up sled it was the first sled I ever rode that I hopped on and it fit like a old glove and road and handled great but I missed the power so tried a turbo nytro still good power but way to heavy. I bought a 02 summit eteck that was much better than my 09i have now ordered a t3. I road my buddy's pro a couple times and it did cut and turn easier but I have not been on a t motion yet but the handle bars were to far back and it had a lot less power for me the doo is all around easier to ride. I did try a cat for a day and could not make it go any where and spent the night in the hobo hot tub. My skidoos have made me a better rider than I am. I DONT BELIEVE ANY OF THE BRANDS ARE ANY BETTER THAN THE OTHERS ITS JUST A MATTER OF WHAT WORKS FOR THE RIDER TOU CAN BASH ALL YOU WANT BUT THAT IS THE FACTS. Plus different riding styles and areas can make one sled better than others

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
one engine idles smoother than a mexican jumping bean.LOL.
IMO.that one is better.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
man this thread is still alive?

let me guess the poo guys are still heads in the sand on the motor relibility and waving the chassis flag out their azzs.
cat guys still saying we don't have to add fix it kits, tunnel braces, bumpers, 100 mile break in on the belts drives, a Arms coming unglued, belt drive sprocket bolts breaking off, injector recalls, no warranty on just adding a can and a dash bag along with the HP doesn't matter but now the new axis is on par 6 years latter!:brokenheart:

I can see it now next year "my poo has 900 trouble free mile and runs flawless".
as for the last 15 years " whats the best fix for the axis 800" "3500 for a long rod motor or 2011 pro rmk 163 rk tech drop in kit/2013 163 stacked dropin kit w/ pvc":juggle:

polaris converting cat and doo riders one piss poor motor at a time.:eyebrows:

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Which Sled Rules the Mtn. ?

If you want to go by reliability,then Polaris loses.

What is the current stats on poo engines vs. doo engines? Year for year or say just pro years?

Do you have a clue?

Just curious.

RS

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So I just read this whole thread again. Wow how things have changed since last year. At that time it was all about the coming T3 and if it was going to kick butt and rule the 800's. Mother nature kicked butt after all was said and done and manufacturers all had to run with tails between their legs. Doo has gone as far as putting in a longer heat exchanger this year and Polaris has now changed its cooling design on the AXYS. This season I expect there will be lots of 2015 iron out there with low hours and therefore hurting 2016 sales. Will the AXYS put the boots to Doo and Cat this year? Only if they did their homework and got all the bugs out. Let's hope for a deep snow winter so we can once again start anticipating who will rule the 800's for 2016. Do we need another poll?

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
lmao this is a funny thread. Just read the whole thing.

The big bash against polaris throughout is motor reliability.......and power. So Polaris responded with the 800 HO. IF this turns out to be dead reliable, and has the power they claim, what are the doo riders gonna pick at next?

Honestly I've never heard ANYBODY say they disliked the pro chassis. If they did, theyve drank so much doo-laid their tongues are dyed yellow.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I know plenty of people (including me) who dislike the chassis.
The engine has already had issues. It will be just as unreliable as every Poo 800 since 2000.
Not going to argue about it, check this thread in 6 months.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The engine has already had issues. It will be just as unreliable as every Poo 800 since 2000.

Too much Doo-laid! The Skud's have nearly the same percentage of failures but only sell half as many sleds "advertised" to be mountain sleds so you hear about them far less frequently.

Doo riders have been in the closet so long they can not admit to themselves much less anybody else that they are wrong / gay / whatever and jeopardize the BROmance that comes with being a Doo rider.

Just my opinion from observing former friends that got sucked into the hype and are paying the penalty but refuse to acknowledge their error in Judgement.

The Polaris contingent is better off with you on the other brand. Thanks for posting!

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id

You might like one if you tried riding it rather then part'n em' out!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features