• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Viper MTX in the trees.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
What awesome April riding conditions. Working out the clutching on the Viper MTX this week. Here is a short clip of some riding in the trees. I hate the helmet cam stuff because when I watch this back it looks so flat and easy. The snow is deep and soft and it just gives you a little taste of what is to come! I was going to run up the chute halfway through the clip, but you can see the fragments on the hill, so I opted out.

http://youtu.be/-T9SPlTBS3g

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-T9SPlTBS3g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Looks good.. How does in feel in the trees compared to the nytro? I just snow checked one with boost it turbo, racers edge skid and 3" track..
Hope it handles alot better in tight stuff then my nytro an apex Im not able to demo one this season..

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Looks sweet. Can't wait to get mine. I'm. Super pumped about the new vipers and even more pumped for all the guys to come in here and whine about how heavy the sled is and you put polaris decals on your sled racinststion cuz there is no way a yamaha could do that.

Let's start the count down clock now for ourray to pipe in how he can take the ski off of his pro and ride the ski in the trees better then you can ride the viper.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Looks good.. How does in feel in the trees compared to the nytro? I just snow checked one with boost it turbo, racers edge skid and 3" track..
Hope it handles alot better in tight stuff then my nytro an apex Im not able to demo one this season..

I can't compare it to the Nytro because the Nytro and I never came to terms. I had a couple of different front ends on it and tried most of the aftermarket options and still could not get comfortable on the Nytro. I am at home on the Viper because I have been on the ProClimb chassis for 3 and a half years. It is heavier than the 800 2 stroke and lighter than the 1100 Turbo. It is the most tree worthy four stroke that I have ridden. I am working out some clutching on this thing and getting the Kmod skid and Raptor front shocks dialed in and then I think she will be my day to day steed next year.

It works well for me because I work on sleds day and night and when I get a chance to ride, I don't want to work on my own sled too much. I am going to run around 10lbs of boost with stock engine and I should be about 210 HP. Ill buy a Yamaha belt (around $75.00 at most shops) and some race gas and be set for the year!

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Great vid. Keep them coming. However, the more I see of you still riding makes me think October will not get here soon enough. When you crank up the boost past 8 lbs, are you going to be doing the stage 1 upgrade or stay with the base setup? I was planning on running around 9 lbs on 100ll with the base kit on mine.

And yes, let the countdown begin for our buddy "ouray" to chime in.

Last edited:
H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe

I want to hear your report next year after you coming from a nytro and apex. I want one for next year but can't see it happening.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Ill get some more footage this weekend. I have the stage 1 upgrade and will be turning it up. Right now I am getting all my clutching, fueling and suspension dialed in at 6 to 8 lbs where most guys will be running and get that dialed in from 4 to 10,000 feet and then I will have the "average" guy covered.

Then we go to the maximum boost for stock engine and fuel pump from there.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I can't compare it to the Nytro because the Nytro and I never came to terms. I had a couple of different front ends on it and tried most of the aftermarket options and still could not get comfortable on the Nytro. I am at home on the Viper because I have been on the ProClimb chassis for 3 and a half years. It is heavier than the 800 2 stroke and lighter than the 1100 Turbo. It is the most tree worthy four stroke that I have ridden. I am working out some clutching on this thing and getting the Kmod skid and Raptor front shocks dialed in and then I think she will be my day to day steed next year.

It works well for me because I work on sleds day and night and when I get a chance to ride, I don't want to work on my own sled too much. I am going to run around 10lbs of boost with stock engine and I should be about 210 HP. Ill buy a Yamaha belt (around $75.00 at most shops) and some race gas and be set for the year!

Thats what i was hoping to hear thanks for the report.. Im hearing lots of good feedback from 2 stroke guys that are riding them I almost went for an XM but couldnt do it I'll take the weight penalty again for the relability on boost..

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Racinststion, are you finding any of the issues with the vertical climbs and oil shutting down are the belts lasting as long on the vioer chassis as the Nytro and Alec chassis.

O
Dec 6, 2007
Looks sweet. Can't wait to get mine. I'm. Super pumped about the new vipers and even more pumped for all the guys to come in here and whine about how heavy the sled is and you put polaris decals on your sled racinststion cuz there is no way a yamaha could do that.

Let's start the count down clock now for ourray to pipe in how he can take the ski off of his pro and ride the ski in the trees better then you can ride the viper.

I didn't want to dissappoint you guys, obviously you are interested in my comments...

Honestly, that was a pretty tame ride through the trees no? Not exactly tearing it up. Of course, maybe you guys ride differently that we do. I can tell you for sure, that "tree riding" video was not exactly impressive. Couldn't just about anybody idle any sled around through those trees just like that?

If you found that to be an impressive video, that explains pretty much everything to me. Maybe time to reference some tree riding videos off of youtube because that was really pathetic.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Freedom of speech---sometimes I wonder if it's a good thing.

Ouray.....I would love to take you riding next season. We will idle through the trees all day long, take some selfies, and go to a poetry reading after. The problem with helmet cam stuff is you can't see exactly what is going on. The snow in that video is about 4 feet of soft fresh snow. I agree it is not "normal" intense riding. Just a clip to give some feedback to you guys that is all I am doing.......relaying information. It is what I do for a living. Fortunately, I don't need validation from you in order to feel good about myself. You obviously get a kick out of your posts and that's fine. Now back to our regularly scheduled program..........

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Racinststion, are you finding any of the issues with the vertical climbs and oil shutting down are the belts lasting as long on the vioer chassis as the Nytro and Alec chassis.

Ill start with belts. I am running the 8DN versus the 8JP. Both have been just fine. I have about 250 miles on the first 8DN and it still looks brand new. I am not worried about belts or clutch life on this sled at all.

As far as the oil issue in a vertical climb goes, it should not be a problem for 2015 production sleds. We have tried and found success with 2 or 3 different solutions on the current platform and it should not be something to worry about for the regular MTX sled next season.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I didn't want to dissappoint you guys, obviously you are interested in my comments...

Honestly, that was a pretty tame ride through the trees no? Not exactly tearing it up. Of course, maybe you guys ride differently that we do. I can tell you for sure, that "tree riding" video was not exactly impressive. Couldn't just about anybody idle any sled around through those trees just like that?

If you found that to be an impressive video, that explains pretty much everything to me. Maybe time to reference some tree riding videos off of youtube because that was really pathetic.

LOL, that pic that you posted of the cat guy upside down that was supposedly trying to follow you was a joke. A 2 year old could have ridden a sled backwards through that.

Let's get some vids of your wild tree bashing posted up here. All I hear is talk from a 45 year old wannabe 16 year old.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Screw the vids on youtube, let's see your tree riding ability's that you claim to have. This is gonna be a gooder.

Your comments kind of suck, only thing we are interested in is you going to the polaris section. Your obviously perked up enough by this new 4 stroke that will hand you your arse that you are constantly in here checking up.

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
this is your idea of super duper tree slaying at it's best. lmao This guy had a hard time following you. You need to get new riding buddies or learn how to ride. this is awesome!!!!

015-1.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

post up your awsum tree riding vids:rolleyes::popcorn:

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Nice ridin' area bud. Looks like home lol.

I see coupling in your future,,, or less torque lol.

Premium Features