• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Paying to retrieve 2 sleds from Taft, MT area

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
B

BRP ONLY :P

Dec 19, 2013
No luck yesterday locating them. There's a bunch of fresh snow so they're switching to MGRS on the GPS to use my grid location. (using MGRS will bring them within 1 meter.. 3 feet) so they're going back saturday.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
I know Andrew well, and they will be able to get to them if the info is all correct that is for sure. Im sure they are going in with Barry as well. Hope they get them dialed this weekend, looks like there shouldn't be any issue finding them with the right coordinates this time with not a ton of fresh snow since that day!

A
Oct 31, 2011
Coeur d Alene Idaho
Yeah I got them pin pointed now. No more conversions this time! I just switched the GPS to MGRS (didn't know I could switch it). I should be able to trip over them as I head down the hill. The snow back there is epic tho! Berry is probably going to be tagging along. He is always eager to help. Also nice to have someone so strong they can rip trees straight out of the ground to get them out of the way!! haha jk

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
may be diggin

We replaced an engine one year, but that sled sat for two months. Needless to say, the guys that found it had to dig it out of a 5 or 6 foot hole...

Hope ya get em back before you are rescuing them with four wheelers..

A
Oct 31, 2011
Coeur d Alene Idaho
I got nothing! hiked in to the exact coordinates and no sight of the sleds. I spent the whole day combing the mountain side in snow shoes looking in the area. even ventured farther down and over just incase they were in the vicinity. Total of 2 miles of hiking up and down and zig zagging the steep hill side and no results! I went previously on Tuesday as well and thought that maybe my gps wasn't working or something because I couldn't find them. Then Saturday I ran across my tracks from Tuesday so I know i was right on the money. the terrain is ride-able but the sleds were not where he said they would be. MGRS should take me with in 3ft of them. I went to the exact pinpointed location and there was nothing there. Hopefully I can get a hold of someone to go with me to locate them who knows exactly where they are. The coordinates given will not help any one else find them because there is nothing there at those coordinates. Hopefully we can get this sorted out before the next snow dump and any more wasted efforts. :( After my whole hiking excursion i got back to my sled and took it down the hill side to with in 100ft of the coordinates and flipped her round and went back up. Its more than possible to get those suckers out if they could be found! ill keep everyone updated if we can figure this out.

S

Steve86

Nov 28, 2007
Rathdrum, ID
HMMMMMMMMMMM.........Someone already rip them off????? No old tracks in or out??? That's too bad, a lot of work you put in and that just don't make sense. No way are they not there with that much walking, there hasn't been that much new snow, Smells fishy.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
HMMMMMMMMMMM.........Someone already rip them off????? No old tracks in or out??? That's too bad, a lot of work you put in and that just don't make sense. No way are they not there with that much walking, there hasn't been that much new snow, Smells fishy.

hope its not like watching one whole season of Dallas and the finding out it was just SueEllens dream...

Premium Features