• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PsychoSled Low/Mid Boost Fuel Bridge For Nytro

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Also, there has been several questions about what makes this system "different". Below is a post I made on another forum explaining things as well as I feel comfortable in doing...

"It is VERY difficult to divulge what is different about this system because the additional technology is SO simple, and makes SO much sense. I know that I will be 5 units in when someone else "procures" 3 years worth of my work and testing.

Here's the best I can do, and still sleep tonight.

ALL Yamaha boost systems "omit" certain hardware and elements of the OEM fueling system. This creates a rift in the OEM control scheme. If the OEM ECU is trying to control fuel delivery based on "lies" from its sensors, etc., the OEM control scheme becomes very erratic, and unstable. It stands to reason... all those bits are what makes it run. Take off a vacuum line or MAF on a car; how's it going to run?

A "piggyback" (which you are correct, this controller is - explained more below) is 100% dependent on either a base map, inputs from sensors, or both. If the OEM ECU is being "lied to", it is causing poor performance in the "stock" range of fueling - and thus bad info out.

If the stock ECU is causing an initial "problem", a "piggyback" then makes its adjustments based on erroneous information, which compounds ill performance not only in the "stock" range of fueling, but also in the "boost" range where it is compounded exponentially.

The name "bridge" comes from the fact that this system allows the sled to run on the OEM control scheme throughout the entire fueling range - ALWAYS - boost or not. This is why it's advertised as being able to get you back to the truck without boost - if you have no boost, you have OEM tuning (except clutching of course)

When boost fueling is needed, the system kicks in and adds ONLY the extra fuel the engine asks for - nothing more, nothing less. Only what it NEEDS. It uses the map we have written based on PSI, and the o2 sensor smooths un-mapped transitions - all while the stock ECU putters away in the background, unaware of anything different than what it knew from the factory."

I hope this helps answer any questions concerning operation that anyone may have...

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
Does this system read off the after market 02 sensor? if so what happens when 02 gets wet and stops working?? or am I off and its not using o2 readings

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Does this system read off the after market 02 sensor? if so what happens when 02 gets wet and stops working?? or am I off and its not using o2 readings

The base PSI map is only "massaged" by the changes made through the wideband circuit. If the o2 sensor fails, the programmer reverts to the base map alone.

I have only had one o2 sensor failure, and it was due to wires that rubbed through.

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Maybe 2 O'clock position. Paying around $50-70 for sensors on ebay. I turn key to turn on gauges and wait for it to register full lean meaning the sensor is warmed up and then start engine every time on the 2nd sensor it made no difference.

Kinger2012005.jpg

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Mine for my Wideband O2 fails every year right at 1500 miles usually. What am I doing wrong? On my 3rd one....

What type of fuel are you using?
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe that some types of Avgas may still contain small amounts of lead.
Leaded fuel or additives that contain lead will damage O2 sensors in a fairly short period of time.

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
I use only 91 premium here in midwest. Sled has never seen race gas. We have the sensor at a angle to help avoid moisture collecting on it and like I said I use the warm up feature before starting hoping to dry it off before starting. These are geniune Bosch Sensors I double checked the last one to make sure its not a cheap fake or anything.

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
I use only 91 premium here in midwest. Sled has never seen race gas. We have the sensor at a angle to help avoid moisture collecting on it and like I said I use the warm up feature before starting hoping to dry it off before starting. These are geniune Bosch Sensors I double checked the last one to make sure its not a cheap fake or anything.

Not sure if you are doing this or not but the hardest thing on a 02 sensor is for them not to get up to temp quick. I understand this is hard todo on a sled speical a 2-stroke but letting a sled idle for long periods of time will kill a 02 sensor.

There are a few ways around this.
One right after start up go drive the sled(Taken it easy still)
Two move the sensor closer the motor. Maybe in the y-pipe this will warm it up quicker.
Three not sure what monitor your using but make sure it has a heated element and its hooked up.

Also if it were me I would try and get the 02 sensor more at 12 o'clock.

Mike

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Kinger,

#1 - I ALWAYS start my sled immediately - the extra heat and airflow (think hair dryer) from the exhaust helps clean out the sensor, and is less work for the internal heater. Additionally, where your sensor is at, looks to be a moisture gatherer...

#2 - What turboM7 said is true, the closer to 12 o'clock on the pipe, the better - not imperative, but it keeps moisture to a minimum. Water is a HUGE killer to sensors. Also, if it were on the angle of the pipe further rearward, it would help circumvent moisture gathering.

#3 - I disagree on putting it closer to the engine. While it will heat faster, the readings will be less accurate. The closer you get to a collector, the more chance of reading a single cylinder's gases rather than an average of all of the cylinders...

#4 - there are several Bosch sensors... PM me with the PN# you are using. There are differences in them, and though the prices are comparable, some perform differently.

J
Nov 27, 2007
tune

just saw this and tho I dont have first hand knowledge of the kit everything else I have gotten from oft has been great stuff and exactly what they said.. julio

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Mine should be here this week! I got the airbox tore off last night ready to get the bung welded as soon as it shows up. Should have it installed in time for my Togwotee trip next week. Can't wait to finally hopefully get rid of that slight hesitation when you wack the throttle.:face-icon-small-hap

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Bung is all welded up ready to go. Now if I just didn't have to Christmas shop :face-icon-small-disall weekend with the wife we'd have it all finished up.

Premium Features