• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone playing with the new EFR

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I see borgewarner has out a new series with some pretty sweet stuff. The smallest available is the 55/62.... Anyone know how to compare it to a 28 series bb garrett to a BW?? I have a friend Looking to try one it on a 800 if it has the propper flow and housing for proper spool..
Thanks Jim

G
Apr 23, 2008
We had 1 go bad instantly, they have called back almost all of them as there was issues on the early builds .

Thank god this was on a car, I would have been ballistic if it was on a sled and hurt my topend. Once they get them dialed it will be a great piece. Still I see no reason to get away from the GTX but options are always good to have..

Gus

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I got one on a Yamaha

Here the build http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284315

There is a break in period for them that is crucial. If they are not heat cycled properly when new the turbine will come apart on them because of the material that is used.

I like it, seems to spool well with a low boost threshold, really go aerodynamics according to the compressor map (the manufacture makes the maps so it could be optimistic) It is on a one off kit so I have nothing to compare it to. A lot of neat features built in it for close to the same price as a Garrett. It is about 1 1/2 longer than a Garrett so it can be kind of a bitch for a replacement.

Love to try on a 2-smoker, it is a tough call on what turbo to use because nothing is close to the 54mm .86 a/r turbine on the Garrett. Thay also become more efficient with higher boost and not higher air flow witch is not right for a 2-smoker, unless you are gus and cranking on the BOOST:whip:

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
Kool deal boyko. not sure what size you have but of the 4 we purchased, 1 failed and the other 3 were called back for fix to said issue of comp wheel touching the housing..

In there defense we had 4 of only 8 produced of thi size for the twin turbo 6 liter dodge.. lol Jim wants 1000 hp out of his charger...srt///

Updated the turbo is 1 sweet spooling unit and I love the built in rpm feature as well.. it is a funky length but funky is ,,,, well funky !!!

why be a sheep when you can be a wolf.. enjoy the yamy.. DNE is still talking about machining a YamaBUSA adapter block..!!!! all Busa internals and head in a bolt in yamaform.!!

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Kool deal boyko. not sure what size you have but of the 4 we purchased, 1 failed and the other 3 were called back for fix to said issue of comp wheel touching the housing..

In there defense we had 4 of only 8 produced of thi size for the twin turbo 6 liter dodge.. lol Jim wants 1000 hp out of his charger...srt///

Updated the turbo is 1 sweet spooling unit and I love the built in rpm feature as well.. it is a funky length but funky is ,,,, well funky !!

why be a sheep when you can be a wolf.. enjoy the yamy.. DNE is still talking about machining a YamaBUSA adapter block..!!!! all Busa internals and head in a bolt in yamaform.!!

you got your fingers into everything................ boosted

the turbo I used is a 6258 ... 17 psi is the sweet spot on the set up at 7500 feet.............. any more and power just ant worth the lerger boost numbers.

I would try a efr 6758 on a 800 2-smoker...... the next step up the turbine get big and sloppy

What turbos did ya have on the fargo?

how many?

Last edited:
Premium Features