• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My FX Nytro Turbo build

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Great work Peter, glad I got to stop by the shop before you leave and see how its coming together. Your attention to detail is top notch. By the way just thought i'd mention thats a nice oil tank you have sitting back on the bench in the pic. :face-icon-small-ton But again very nice on the turbo build.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Looks good Peter:thumb:
How many gallons of gas does your fuel cell hold?

Bill

I will find out for sure in the next 2 days. According to my calculations it will be right around 9.75 gallons, or slightly more. I am really happy with the way things are turning out. One more day and it should be on the snow. Leaving Friday for BC to attend the Snowest ride.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
is that the stock cooler that you have a second cooler running off of & what is that second cooler from. looks good would like to do something like that on mine thanks for the pictures you posted

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Cut the end of the stock cooler off, welded pipes to it and ran it to the late M series cooler. Going to test ride it now.

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
With a nice seat combo - it is time for you and Neal/boost it to team up and start selling turbo kits ;-)

neumann

Lifetime Membership
Mar 10, 2011
Fuel Tank Question?

Maybe this is a stupid question but I will ask it anyway? With the fuel pump mounted so far forward in that long skinny tank, does the pump start to pull air when climbing with lower fuel levels?

I know that instructions for my MCX 180 kit warned against climbing with below two or three bars with a stock or stock style tank where the pump is mounted low in the back of the tank.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Maybe this is a stupid question but I will ask it anyway? With the fuel pump mounted so far forward in that long skinny tank, does the pump start to pull air when climbing with lower fuel levels?

I know that instructions for my MCX 180 kit warned against climbing with below two or three bars with a stock or stock style tank where the pump is mounted low in the back of the tank.

I designed my system differently than others out there. There is no fuel pump in the fuel tank. The fuel cell contains 3 separate pickups that eliminate the need for a surge tank and associated plumbing. Works slicker than snot.

neumann

Lifetime Membership
Mar 10, 2011
Interesting. I figured you had it under control. Just out of pure curiousity, how do you prevent the pump from pulling air when one of you pickups gets uncovered? Say the front one during a climb assuming the the three pickups are distributed along the length of the tank.

Nice work on the build by the way!

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Interesting. I figured you had it under control. Just out of pure curiousity, how do you prevent the pump from pulling air when one of you pickups gets uncovered? Say the front one during a climb assuming the the three pickups are distributed along the length of the tank.

Nice work on the build by the way!

It's the type of pickup and where they're placed. These pickups shut off if they're not immersed. Ran the tank down to about 1/2" of fuel over uneven terrain and it did not hiccup or sputter once. You can say goodbye to the extra fuel pump and all the stuff that goes along with the whole surge tank system with my setup. Build is not finished BTW. Ran out of time before the ride, but seat, venting still needs to be done.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Awesome work here! Wish I had the skills to build such a well placed clean setup like this.

Thanks. Super happy with the way the fuel tank performs. Proves that a surge tank and associated plumbing is not required after all.

Premium Features