• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

communication failure??

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
My gauges say communication failure. No tach, no temp. Has reverse but no peep when it is activated. Tried my other Dess key but does the same. Had a check key once. No p codes active.
Any sugestions? Dess Switch? (Dess base ) If so can it be replaced without reprograming to Desss key?

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Thanks for your responce. This sled is a 08 xp with the optional guage package. Never a problem before.

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
That didn't last long!
This is what I did. I took the gauges out and pulled the unit apart. Not hard but had to be gentle. I looked at the 24 main pins that are on the back of the printed circuit board. With a strong magnifying glass, the solder joints on the base of the pins seemed cracked. I resoldered them with a needle tip solder gun and put it back together. So far I can't get the unit to fail, not even a hickup.
I will let you know how it goes, as these gauge units are expensive.

Last edited:

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
The guage is bad for sure. I have seen this befor just a bad deal.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
had this happen last year, it happen have way threw the day, and would not stop beeping, drove me nuts, unpluged display and no issues, had to take to dealer to refalsh ecm, and still working good todate

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Beat that sled most of the day today. Not a problem with the gauges. I guess soldering the pins did it. Better than the price of a new one.

Premium Features