• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Survey regarding Clothing for us ladies!!

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
As far as fit while riding, the parka is awesome! Mine is even tight with all my gear on which I was worried about in the beginning, thinking it may hold me back from being able to move aggressively on my sled. I was shocked, I never even noticed the parka while riding. It moved when I needed it to move and never seemed to bind up. The back stayes in place and not a ounce of snow down or up the backside. My bibs, they are also flexible and designed for the more aggressive rider, I would say they are very similar to the freeride pant just in a bib style from what I can see. Both being un insulated, and Gore-tex I am very impressed with the way Klim is headed with ladies gear for the non-aggressive and the aggressive back country riders. My boots are also designed for the snowmobiler as it works for the aggressive and non aggressive riders. They are not bulky yet have the warmth and stability needed yet not to stiff. The aggressive tread is nice on the running boards to keep me from slipping around on them with and without snow. I would go through a pair a year about before I got my Klim boots as the other boots would not hold up on the boards.

Last edited:
P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I do the same as Krisy. Solstace on the bottom, Sundance layer when it's super cold, and uninsulated outer layers. I never get cold. Most of the time my vents are open to dry the sweat, and the Klim layers work great this way.

I wear the men's small Freeride pants, which fit the same as the ladies' small bib. I LOVE the pants! Not very flattering, but they give me a ton of space in the legs to move. The ladies' bibs are super fitted through the legs and they got pretty tight with my knee pads on. Not a problem with the men's pants.

I have the new Alpine parka and love the fit as well. It is super soft, not crunchy like some gore-tex fabrics. It's definitely a more feminine cut than the Allure parka, and not insulated. I should have picked a darker color though, one day of tree riding and helping a guy with a clutch issue, and it doesn't look so new anymore.

I have the Adrenaline boots in a size 5, which are at least 2 sizes too big, but I've worn them and they do keep me warm and dry. As soon as Klim makes a boot in my size I'll get them for sure.

I hear you Sarah on the body language. The only thing that gets in my way of movement is my avy pack. Maybe one day they'll make those the right length for us shorter gals.

rmlineman

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Klim pants and bibs

I haven't found a pair of women's klim pants or bibs that have knee protection like the men's pants. I am much more interested in knee protection than whether or not there is a drop seat option.....wife of rmlineman

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
rmlineman - I wear motocross shin / knee guards - Troy Lee "kids" size so they are not bulky at all and offer awesome protection from slamming knees into the sled! I busted my knee cap once before I wore them from slamming into an embankment which threw one of my knees very hard into my sled and those little built in pads in the Klim pants I feel would not have helped me.

So anyway, I'd like to add to this thread that a couple of my girl friends have the Alpine Parka and pants - one has the maroon and one the light grey and they are SUPER cute and flattering on them!!! Both the pants and jackets look great!!!! I especially LOVE that maroon color and the the shiny print! Klim has HUGLEY improved the look of their gear! Both my girlfriends seem very happy with their gear too!

And I just won a Alpine Parka last weekend! Very nice jacket! Unfortunately, I'm so used to my "weightless" and very agile snowboard jacket that I'm going to stick with it. As with all the womens snowmobile gear I've tried on over the years regardless of brand, it feels rigid and "heavy". The Klim Alpine jacket is non-insulated which is GREAT for aggressive riding to help keep the rider cool but when I mimic my movements on my sled as best as I can without actually going riding in the jacket (tags are still on), I feel the material binding and holding me back in certain positions. And I feel its weight which will mean more heat build up. I know my snowboard gear is not as durable as Klim (and maybe not even as cute or flattering now as Klim!) but I just put a little rip in my sleave for the first time in my 3 year old gear and considering that my husband has ripped one Klim jacket in the past (which had to be thrown away) and he has rips in his Kilm pants that he rides in now, I'd say that rips in riding gear is PAR for us regardless of brand! LOL Gear is patchable!

I will sell my new, never been ridden in Alpine Parka or trade it in at the local shop for something else like maybe a new pair of Adrenaline boots (bout time for a replacement!)

So my biggest suggestion to Klim now would be to offer a LIGHT WEIGHT parka.

Last edited:
L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Well ladies, Me and 2 other ladies got to ride in some new gear offered by Klim available in August. They are working on Several different items and from what I hear 2013 is going to be better yet! I will post some pictures as soon as we get the ok to do so.

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I haven't found a pair of women's klim pants or bibs that have knee protection like the men's pants. I am much more interested in knee protection than whether or not there is a drop seat option.....wife of rmlineman

The womens uninsulated bibs have removeable knee protection.

Looking forward to seeing what's coming in the fall!!!

Premium Features