• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you afraid to go without your significant other?

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
So as I am chatting with other women the subject always comes up....cuz I bring it up ;)

How many of you ladies will go ride without your significant other? I mean with other ladies no men or (boys) ;)!!! It seems that most of the gals in my area say they will then it is time to go and OMG I can't do that......

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Not afraid....I've done it with other guys. Haven't had the chance to do it with other gals, though I do have a friend that this winter we plan on getting out on some rides during the week while our men are at work. Of course we'll send them pics while we're out riding!! :D

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Terri (C4Fun) is the first and only gal I've rode with without my hub. Just last year when my hub and I were both hurt but I got two last rides in. Terri came up to ride with me. She is a trooper and always has the other riders back. Great to have in our riding group. :face-icon-small-hap

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Nope, not afraid. I haven't gone without him since I've been married though. Not because I can't, but it just doesn't feel right without him. Trusting the people you ride with is a big thing in my head, he happens to be my riding buddy. I keep tabs on him, he keeps tabs on me, even when riding with other people.

Plus he has been riding without me 1 time in almost 3 years now, so I think I can probably wait till he can go too.

Frankly though, I don't know if I would ride with a group of all women (unless it was you wonderful ladies on here.) Most women really don't know how to get unstuck, fix simple stuff on your sled when you have to, etc. Maybe I'm just getting old, but that would make me nervous and I won't want to be responsible for getting everyone out if something happened. That goes for guys too I guess.

Last edited:

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Lol, age is just a state of mind. Most of the time I feel like I'm in my 40's. :face-icon-small-win

Isn't that the truth. Your only as old as you think. :face-icon-small-blu I still think I'm in my 20's. lol. Oh goodness. 40 for me way to soon....... :face-icon-small-sad It's okay though. :humble:
BWAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA....LMFAO, Jeanette you a grandma......heck I am a great g-ma then!!!!!

What tha heck you talkin bout Kristy? Your younger than me missy! :face-icon-small-hap

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
Terri (C4Fun) is the first and only gal I've rode with without my hub. Just last year when my hub and I were both hurt but I got two last rides in. Terri came up to ride with me. She is a trooper and always has the other riders back. Great to have in our riding group. :face-icon-small-hap

Thanks Jeanette!!!! And they were the best rides of the year!!! :face-icon-small-hap We need to go again this year too!!!! Your a great rider and fun to hang out with.

You dont have one :drum:
you don't count..... :boink: Oh chit, how di i get in here... :humble:

It just means that I don't have to have a kitchen pass like all of you guys have to have. :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-win

Oh and don't poke me like that......it hurts!!! :boink:

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I go on different levels of rides depending on who is with me. And if the girl doesn't know how to get unstuck... she'll learn real quick. lol I also don't push myself like normal in these situations because well, let's face it, girls just aren't always as strong and may or may not be able to get my sled off of me quickly. :fear:

I generally assume responsibility in these "girl rides". I go out with the mindset that I'm the one to get you out of sticky places, I'm the one to help you get unstuck, I'm the one to tow you. Clean up crew - that's me!

And while I usually do try to be more cautious when it is just us girls I did lead a group of girls down into a bowl last year that once we got in there I could hear the voice in my head saying "BIG mistake...." :loco: but we got out, eventually. :pray2: Broken sled and all... :D

And age? Ya, all in our heads! :becky:

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
Yep, for sure. Haven't found any gals that were willing to ride without their men until hooking up with SB this spring. Those are some cool chicks that would travel long distances by themselves and just show up and ride with a bunch of strangers, and I thought to myself.... Holy chit, there are girls out there are just like me!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Amy, don't judge us all by Em... she's gotta be the craziest of the bunch! ;)

I generally assume responsibility in these "girl rides". I go out with the mindset that I'm the one to get you out of sticky places, I'm the one to help you get unstuck, I'm the one to tow you. Clean up crew - that's me!

And to expand upon this... I also encourage girls to go get into sticky situations, go get stuck, etc etc... so that you need help out. Most ladies don't FEEL like they get that kind of green flag from their dudes and feel limited in what kind of trouble they can get into without getting yelled at. With me, if you are smiling and trying your hardest, I'll gladly come and help you get righted.

I spent what felt like forever helping Shelbi get out of a little ravine last year. She kept saying sorry sorry sorry. Heck, I didn't care how much shovelling we were having to do! I was grinning from ear to ear because she TRIED! :thumb:

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
WYsteph....LOL....getting old! That's a good one...really! :D And if you others are Grandma's, I must be a great grandma. :face-icon-small-sho Age is just a number!! :)

Having that trust is a BIG deal. I needed to have that the times I went with the guys while the hubby was laid up. Not bad with my own peeps....but I did go out on some rides with some local guys I met here on SW, but didn't know them personally before that. The first time I was filled with some anxiety.....2 locals, and taking out 10 peeps from out of town on rental sleds. :eek: Turned out to be a fantastic time! After that, I was cool with riding with them.

I tend to watch out for others too. And I'm really against the yelling/getting mad crap. :face-icon-small-fro You can't learn if you're afraid of someone yelling at you for getting stuck (and I've seen it MANY times where that guy can be stuck lots during the day, but once on her part and he blows).

I look forward to getting out with gals. The one I have plans to ride with this winter is one whose hubby wasn't so good about being supportive (the getting mad type, though he's been told now). I'm sure we're going to have a blast out there!! :whoo:

Premium Features