• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Something just hit me.....Who is really running this place?

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So I was replying to a thread when something just hit me. I would like someone other than Christopher and the moderators to prove me wrong on this because this is how i see it now. Chistopher must be an environmentalist that has infiltrated Snowest and is just laughing at what has taken place here. That is something that I have wanted to do for a long time to the Enviro's and it seems like it has been done to us first. He has turn us Snowmobilers against one another. He has devided a once thriving community that was trying to ban together for the good of the sport and he is taking us down. He has turned us into a "Paid Member" vs "Free Member" society. He has caused us to be more concerened with the future of this forum than the good of our community. I have seen more commmnets in the last week from both sides of the fence (myslef included) that are intentially offensive, rude, crual, and what ever other word you might think of towards one another just becuase our opinions are different. We are correcting everybody's spelling and grammar everywhere. Honsetly who freaking cares. This is a forum not elementary school. We can all undetand what you mean anyway so why bring it up? I will tell you why. IT is because we are divided, and it is to show that one is better than the other.

What has happend to us? We once used to be a group of people that loved to share our expeiences and good times with one another. We are now divided, many of us are leaving and trying to find new places to hang out. Snowest was one of the biggest forums for the Western riders and it is now crumbling. Just look at the amount of post each day. Not too long ago I would log on here every day and see an entire page of Bold blue threads because those are all new since i was here last, now i log on and only see a handful of threads that have been updated. Yes some of the memebers have just said great whatever and paid the $30 bucks and thats great for them. Others have said I will wait and see what happens. Others have siad screw it I am gone. Others cause problems and got banned.

I keep hoping for a better Snowest but unitl the Admins and Christopher start listening to its members instead of refering to the stupid letter they sent out back in november that left hundreds of unanswerd questions, I will not pay a dime. They have asked for feedback and suggestions but do not consider any of them. They just quote that same **** letter everytime. Guess what that letter sucks. it does not give any dates, limits or anything usefull. It is their way or the highway. The highway is looking awefully good right now.

Again please prove me wrong, but its going to take alot of convinceing to get me to belive he is not and Envrio Natzi that has infiltrated our commmunity.

Last edited:
D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
you make some very good points. If I had as many customer complaints as Christopher I would have been sent packing a long time ago. Who does he work for..who is his manager..obviously they expected the ramifications prior to changing gears.

Now as for the spelling....typically it isnt a big deal..I never spell check and have a few mispelled words..but....some posts have so many spelling mistakes and grammer mistakes that they dont even make sinse(that was deliberate). Some are down right pathetic and NO we cant tell what the he_ll some are trying to say at times.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that comes to mind:
UNCLE SAM wants YOU to speak English!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Chances are "the bosses" aren't going to see your comments here... anyone picked up the phone and called the Snowest bat cave and talked to the Harris Publishing people to lodge a complaint?

I wonder if they will have a booth at the Expo.

sled_guy

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Now that's a good question. I don't remember seeing them last year and they've always been there (Puyallup) at past shows.

Actually yes, I stopped by the Snowest booth and picked up a few Stickers:D:D

They were on the second aisle from the East if I recall correctly:beer;

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Holy cow did Mtn doo just hit a nerve or what. I wish I could have seen what he just posted but whatever it was I think the mods didn't like that post. He posted that at 9:54 and it is 10:08 and he is banned. hum... I wonder what his post really said?

MtnDoo I am really sorry if this thread got you banned. Maybe it was something else but i can't believe how fast that was. See you on the other side.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Actually yes, I stopped by the Snowest booth and picked up a few Stickers:D:D

They were on the second aisle from the East if I recall correctly:beer;

Hmm. I guess I was incorrect. I was there both days and didn't remember seeing them. I guess I was too busy looking for Skinz who WAS supposed to be there but wasn't.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
wtf.. does being from cali have anything to do with anything.. You don't think we ride sleds out here? We have some of the best terrain, and conditions around! Not to mention the longest seasons outside of alaska. Oct - July

Now, c'mon! You know that Cali has some screwed up stuff. CA. emissions, Nancy "the $%^#" Pelosi, protections for the delta smelt turning farmland into the dustbowl, letting OJ off the hook, 55 mph speed limit for vehicles towing trailers, Requiring chains on a 4wd truck just because we were towing a trailer, even though it has studded snows all the way around. Better yet is that the pass was barely snowpacked at the time. We can go on and on.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
wtf.. does being from cali have anything to do with anything.. You don't think we ride sleds out here? We have some of the best terrain, and conditions around! Not to mention the longest seasons outside of alaska. Oct - July
what? where are you talking about riding? please fill me with info.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Holy cow did Mtn doo just hit a nerve or what. I wish I could have seen what he just posted but whatever it was I think the mods didn't like that post. He posted that at 9:54 and it is 10:08 and he is banned. hum... I wonder what his post really said?

MtnDoo I am really sorry if this thread got you banned. Maybe it was something else but i can't believe how fast that was. See you on the other side.

Its easy, Google our leader and find all the answers to your questions :ban:

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Now, c'mon! You know that Cali has some screwed up stuff. CA. emissions, Nancy "the $%^#" Pelosi, protections for the delta smelt turning farmland into the dustbowl, letting OJ off the hook, 55 mph speed limit for vehicles towing trailers, Requiring chains on a 4wd truck just because we were towing a trailer, even though it has studded snows all the way around. Better yet is that the pass was barely snowpacked at the time. We can go on and on.

We also have the largest population of any other state by close to 50% more then the next state down. Of course things are gonna be nutty in the cities, and ya we have some funky emissions rules but who cares they are for crap pos new cars. 73' and older is exempt.. I drove my '69 Camaro down the street with an 8-71 sticking out the hood, and a set of cheater slicks. Do we really want to go down the road of having a pissing contest into which state has more greenies on a population % bases.. Colorado or Cali.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Where I live.. Eastern Sierras, Ca and the surrounding areas

Mammoth Lakes, Sonora, Tahoe, Truckee, ect..

We don't all live in San Fran. California isn't just a bunch of hippies.

I know man, I figured you were in the northern / eastern areas. Amazing areas. Took a drive from Seattle area to Monteray last spring. Amazing country we crossed through. Shasta was pretty cool as well. Though we noticed on the way down the lack of snow at many of the ski resorts as compared to Washington.

Never new the east side had that long of a season. I thought that Northern Washington typically had the longest season in the lower 48... might have to start looking at a new job... lol

Last edited:
R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
The emissions regulations coming out of Cali effects more then one might think. Try to buy a gas can that doesent have a stupid CARB complient nozzle. One better all the boys who run produce over the road now have to have CARB refer units, conversions run in the thousends. Who do you think is paying that ?

RV's generators, all of it

Mammoth has some cool areas, but the state as a whole can fall into the ocean

Premium Features