• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To all users and moderators

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
When will it stop?

For all of those who own companies, would you allow a disgruntled customer to stand in your store or outside of your store and tell all potential customers how crappy that your place of business is? Or how you believe the prices are unfair, or how you place of business has just been going down hill? I highly doubt it, and you would be perfectly in you right to ask that person to leave. Nobody would say boo about it.

Yet, certain people get on here, who are not even paid members( I only am becasue my number came up so I paid, don't think I'm any better than anybody). They bash SW, it's moderators, make immature comments, throw tantrums and threaten to leave. Well just leave then. It's not that I or even SW doesn't want you here, some of you have made postive contributions to this site, but give it a rest. If you don't like it, don't pay.

The same people are then complaining, whining, and spreading propaganda about how "wrong" the moderators are to move a post, delete others, and so on. Why not, again, this is there place of business, and if you can't be grown up and behave yourself they have the right to ask you to leave. I have seen them leave a lot of negative threads about SW and about themselves up, when is enough, enough. Again, you wouldn't dream of standing outside of someones business and doing this, you would be expected to be asked to leave, how is this any different.

I've been on this site for 9 years, and now that I'm laid up I'm on way too much! LOL. There was a time, 12-18 months ago where I believe this site was getting very bad, with a few harrassing others, it has been cleaned up a lot, and lately there have been alot more good posts with good exchanges of information, without people hasseling others. I think this is a good thing, and make it mcuh more enjoyable for me, as well as others I'm sure.

We don't need a few people on here getting others on their bandwagon about how terrrible it is here, seriously, if it's that bad, don't come here. I don't care if you're the Wanye Gretzky or Payton Manning of snowmobiling knowledge, you're influence is negative, and in my opinion, not wanted.

And moderators, not sure why you put up with so much garbage from these few, the sooner they decide to get lost, or accept things as they are, the sooner this site, your business, can get on with life and grow and change. I did read one post that the fellow that was complaining got his reading privelges ( more read posts than what is allowed) back. Everyone needs to pay, or not, the rules should be the same for everyone. You guys are doing a great job, and I appreciate you guys/gals listening to all of us, and I believe that you have.

I come on here to talk about sledding, my passion in life is snowmobiling. I want to learn more, help when I can, meet people, etc. I don't, and hopefully like many others, don't need to CONSTANTLY here about your petty issues with SW. If you have

SW is a great site, personally, I wish it were still free, but it's not. I hope this site continues to flourish with all the good people and good information that is on this site. I fyou have something to say about the site or moderators, can't you at least make it constructive criticism, I know SW and it's moderators are open to that. Remember the whole swap meet fiasco? They saw the majority were unhappy and gave up back what we wanted.

I don't believe this is motivated by greed, but by neccessity, the cost is minimal to us, so again, if you don't want to pay, then don't, but I'm tired of the bashing and nonsense. Most of us on here are adults, isn't time you all start acting like it?

Anyways, that's all I have to say about it. Good luck to all and good luck to SW. Thanks to the moderators, seems like a thankless job, and that in of itself can be difficult. Keep up the good work!

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Agreed! Peeps have there own right to decide if they want to pay or not, but the continuous bashing and whining about it is getting very old....AND it will do no good. This site is moving forward with or without the support of ALL the current members.

Those that keep threatening to leave need to leave, those that are hanging on hoping there will be a water cooler to be negative over need to leave. IMO opinion this site is about having a passion for sledding and a passion for positive sharing of sledding information. Some must simply believe this is a great place to dump all the nagativity in their lives....cheer up and live a little already.

Just sayin...

Last edited:
O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
Good lord, it's just a stupid forum, gimme a break here, oh by the way where is the new section where you can post bleeding heart stories praising the forum gods who allow us make comments, (for a price) ?????????????? Still waiting for my residual check for info passed out, there must be a problem in-----------------You have reached the limits of your free basic membership priviledges please open your wallet to proceed with your post------------------------------------didn't say I would not pay up but doesn't mean I have to like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D
Nov 27, 2007
You have been assaulted by a wall of text.. Ohh noes!!

I didn't post anything bad. But I got my post deleted, saying goodbye..

So.. goodbye and thanks for all the fish!

The well read, will know what's coming next! LOL)

B

bigcat_ak

Nov 27, 2007
North Pole Alaska
You have been assaulted by a wall of text.. Ohh noes!!

I didn't post anything bad. But I got my post deleted, saying goodbye..

So.. goodbye and thanks for all the fish!

The well read, will know what's coming next! LOL)

:face-icon-small-sad:brokenheart::face-icon-small-sad:brokenheart: I feel your pain. NOT!!!:face-icon-small-hap

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The funniest thing is some of these same people are now carrying on the same worn out lines on other sled forums now that they can't see much on here.....it wasn't enough causing trouble here, now they are bringing their nagativity and whining to the other sites. I wonder how long those sites will put up with that? :face-icon-small-dis

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Amen 2 that Brutha!
how long before yur not spendin so much time behind that puter Alan:face-icon-small-coo

Too long.....just started weight bearing couple days ago, but using crutches REALLY suck, so it's just been me, snowest, diet pepsi, my cell, and cheap TV! LOL. I know, I have a sad life, but it is what it is. I'm hoping to get out a few times toward the end of the season, but full recovery usually is about 9 months, and I certainly don't want to re-injure it. How's sledding down your way? I was hoping to get together this year with ya sometime, guess there's always next year!:face-icon-small-coo

The wife has been in Guam all winter working so the sledding has been my oster, sort to speak. Now I'm jus all alone! LOL:face-icon-small-con

Have a good one!

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
Very well said snowmanx.... It is getting really old seeing all these damn whiners complaining. If ya don't like it then don't use it, very simple concept.

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
Still don't agree!

I just paid my dues, but I don't agree one bit with what is happening with this forum and what Christopher has incorporated. I felt that blocking the Riding Areas forum first was a low blow. I live where I ride so it doesn't affect me, but I used to live in the flatlands and travel out west and it sure was nice to see what the conditions were on here.
I equate Christopher to the agencies and special interest groups that are locking us out of our riding areas. We all know how frustrating that is! Now we are being locked out of "our" forums that have been useful in the fight to keep riding areas open.
Bash away, I paid for the privilege to voice my opinion!

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
I just paid my dues, but I don't agree one bit with what is happening with this forum and what Christopher has incorporated. I felt that blocking the Riding Areas forum first was a low blow. I live where I ride so it doesn't affect me, but I used to live in the flatlands and travel out west and it sure was nice to see what the conditions were on here.
I equate Christopher to the agencies and special interest groups that are locking us out of our riding areas. We all know how frustrating that is! Now we are being locked out of "our" forums that have been useful in the fight to keep riding areas open.
Bash away, I paid for the privilege to voice my opinion!

I read that three times.......dont get it.

Why support something that you dont agree with ?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Don't get me wrong. If i think a companies has pore costumer service and treated me wrong, i will let you know... Currently the companies i would never do business again with are XXX Mod Rods, Klim, Walker Evans.

Those are the only ones i wouldn't even look at. Everyone else has been great. Granted those are just my opinions, and i am entitled to them. I am sure many people have had great luck with them, just not me.

But bashing our mods is crap. If i were a mod/admin i wouldn't allow it at all.

Last edited:
Premium Features