• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

You have reached the limit of your Free Basic Member reading privileges. To continue

D
Nov 27, 2007
NorCal
this is rediculous... I am not paying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK... so let's say you get 10%? or 20%? or hell even 50% of the people to pay?

What about the other 50% with all of the knowledge that the other half does not have? now they are gone!!!!!

That is how SW was built you guys are discouraging people from giving up knowledge. When a member now posts a question they will get about half of the responses as before... simply unacceptable.

Sooo what are people going to do now? LEAVE!!!!!... now you even messed it up for your site sponsors because now you can't get as much money out of them because you don't have as many memebers.

I am a member of larger forums that are free and run just as good or better than this one (BTW I don't think this site is slow at all... it runs great). I guess the really "intelligent" people and Harris publishing need to figure out some marketing skills because they SUCK and getting people to advertise to pay for this forum!!!!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
What's the limit?

Anyone know what the limit is for number of posts in a thread before you can't read it anymore?

sled_guy

S
Aug 17, 2009
Correct.

2 for Guest.
50 for Free Members
Unlimited for Premium Members.

IMHO Chris I think thats a mistake. People will want to see what the "new forum" is all about. Limiting access will simply:

a) irritate already irritated basic members
b) limit the flow of information
c) limit new membership
d) possibly affect advertising revenue

example: Curtis from VARDA regularily updates local riding and avy conditions in Valemont and surrounding area in the Valemont section. Now he can't post in that section anymore. Critical info is lost that may have saved a life.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
IMHO Chris I think thats a mistake. People will want to see what the "new forum" is all about. Limiting access will simply:

a) irritate already irritated basic members
b) limit the flow of information
c) limit new membership
d) possibly affect advertising revenue

example: Curtis from VARDA regularily updates local riding and avy conditions in Valemont and surrounding area in the Valemont section. Now he can't post in that section anymore. Critical info is lost that may have saved a life.
At an whopping cost of 2.7 CENTS per day, pretty much anyone can gain access to that critical information.

F

freeacct

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 11, 2010
most of the good stuff is in the first 20 posts anyways, so 50 is like a gift!

F

freeacct

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 11, 2010
Since you go from thread to thread and smoke chrissy's pole (aka troll) why havn't you paid up yet?

im not paying, why are you a dick?
just helping out with answering some of the concerns anyone might have on using a free acct since it is a viable option on this forum.
and why havent you paid?

S
Aug 17, 2009
At an whopping cost of 2.7 CENTS per day, pretty much anyone can gain access to that critical information.

I think you misunderstood me. He is the guy that the information COMES FROM. How are you going to get the information?? Phone him?? If he can't post it certainly isn't on this site anymore is it!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

you can feed...clothe..and educate africans for 2.7 cents a day...and safe their lifes...but 99 percent of us don;t...and i would assume 99 percent of the paid members on this forum...so what makes this forum more worthy then human life...???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
you can feed...clothe..and educate africans for 2.7 cents a day...and safe their lifes...

Please show me where I can donate 2.7 Pennies per day to Feed, Clothe, Educate and save the life of an African.???

I have never seen any organization asking for $0.88 cents per month.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Please show me where I can donate 2.7 Pennies per day to Feed, Clothe, Educate and save the life of an African.???

i can....and its only 88 cents per month so why even argue it...send me the 2.7 pennies a day.and the lifes will be saved...or are you going to tell me its not about the money and something is just not right...??...hey i know the feeling

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota

you ever see those commercials where that old bearded guy has some little kid with him and tells their story how they wont have food, water, clothing or shelter without your help and how mere pennies a day will save their lives? cuz those commercials are on all the time, you d-bag.....open your eyes

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
you ever see those commercials where that old bearded guy has some little kid with him and tells their story how they wont have food, water, clothing or shelter without your help and how mere pennies a day will save their lives? cuz those commercials are on all the time, you d-bag.....open your eyes
I watch almost no TV at all.
If there is an organization out there that can do that for that amount, I would be happy to support them.

Premium Features