• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is upsetting Snowest Users???

What is upsetting snowest users???

• Crippling site speed

Votes: 142 33.2%
  • Over Moderation

Votes: 106 24.8%
  • New look and feel

Votes: 66 15.4%
  • New Admin not listeining to users

Votes: 94 22.0%
  • Having to pay for full access

Votes: 228 53.3%
  • Nothing...I like it just the way it is

Votes: 43 10.0%
  • It's been over 7 months since I've ridden ... I'm bored

Votes: 84 19.6%
  • That nobody realizes how great I am

Votes: 48 11.2%

• Total voters

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another example of someone over stepping their boundaries and changing a users post...last two choices added by ???

Apparently it is all just a big joke to some people

Seriously!! Why does a mod feel the need to change his poll? There was nothing in it that was against the forum rules! It is that exact B.S. that is ruining it for the members. It's way past the point of being RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

My frustration with the site is hands down the over moderation. Absolute B.S.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
SO,

this is what happens when you speak out against the supreme leader,

Christopher thought it would be funny to change my name.

I'm not amused.

I also can no longer start threads.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Even when funny...it is this abuse of power that is upsetting to users. You could have accomplished the same ends by just suggesting that he change his name to Snowestislife in your own post.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
That's BS. they shouldn't be changing peoples posts. The mods need some kind of code of conduct and ethics to govern them if they can't restrain themselves from abusing the members.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I am sick and tired of everyone complaining about stupid stuff. Yeah the site speed is bad in the evening but that is because SW is trying to do an upgrade. When the upgrade goes through, things should be smooth.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Ha, I'm going threw the same thing on the forum I admin, forum users.. all the same..

I'll just leave this here.

119224657.jpg

DEY TERK ER WERDS!!!

Seriously, though a lot of users really don't understand the job of admin/mod or the relationship between the two. You are here as a guest on snowest, you don't have any rights, snowest doesn't owe you anything. You can be censored, banned, deleted, edited, suspended, ect for ANY REASON OR NO REASON AT ALL.

You can see by the plethora of threads and the time span they appears.. People under the guise of anonymity are generally lemmings, you get one or two people *****ing about something next thing you know it's blown out of proportion and then there are 50 threads popping up about the same topic. Personally, I would have locked/removed all duplicate threads, removed any user attempting to "promote" a competitors site, delete the posts and banned those who aren't civil enough to keep things with in one topic post, post complaints in a positive (non-whining manner), or if you really must ***** and be disrespectful didn't do so via a PM, or EMAIL.. Calling out and trying to start flame wars and debates with admin/mods on how they do there "job" via public threads = instaban, and removal of all posts from said user in my books.

It takes a whole community to pitch in and make a great forum, but only a few trolls to ruin it.

Last edited:

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
another example of someone over stepping their boundaries and changing a users post...last two choices added by ???

Apparently it is all just a big joke to some people

WTF!!!:mad:

Messing with the posts now. Nothings safe.

"The Big Giant Head has spoken" and changed you post!:confused:

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
i will pay the $10 just to see the users go from 36,000 to 360. this a bad business move. just put the fawking forum back the way it was before christopherer showed up. it was just fine

Oh dear God, I agree with Blu Duey.. :p

Seriously, I think Christopher was hired to fix some issues, etc etc. But, somehow, they don't get 'it'. It might be our fault for not articulating the definition of 'it' correctly..

Remember when Fouled plug read like a newspaper..? A little of everything, some pizzed you off, some was funny, some lame, whatever..? All mixed up, easy to wade through. The old arguments "duh, if you don't like it, don't click on it..". Now, not that I'm interested in politics or anything, but I haven't bee to the "Political thread" but once...to show myself that I could find it I guess. And the "Warming Hut"...WTF is that..?

Point is, all the foo foo doesn't make a site. The members do. Even the obnoxious ones.... Got Snocaukaddict? What a tool, but he's part of the bliss here, ain't he?

Most of the members on here aren't kids... and a lot of us are maxed out with the simple technology...foo foo fluff just adds to the pain. I read the letter....and to put it politely, about all the 'experience' SW is trying to offer the user...who gives a rats azz? 3/4 of the folks on here are still to tech dumb to figure out how to post pics that have been formatted to load quickly..etc etc. i.e. how many of you have figured out what those little bars (the gay colored ones next to your avatar) mean..?

Speed would be good.... but change for changes sake (I know, it's been said, and said, and said...) is not. And that is what it feels like to most that are active.

As in most things, a small percentage will hate everything different. Some just hate everything. Most will be quiet and just go with the flow. But to take that and believe that lack of vocal opposition is support is ignorant.

I don't believe that the 'pay' issue is a real issue...if there was a perceived value for it. Value here however, equates to more than just the information that people bring. It's the 'fun' factor while learning. Suck the fun out of it and you have a smart teacher spouting dry facts to a sleepy class. Pretty soon, the pupils just quit showing up.

I read the letter, and thenentire first 6 pages of that thread. It is HP's site, and of course you can do as you wish with it. And personally, I don't have a qualm about them making money on it. Go for it..! But listening to the vocal whiners some, might benefit the bottom line. There is good input out there and I would suggest that some u-turns would be beneficial. When all ones does is look at numbers and say 'so we lose 10%, and they're probably the vocal whiners anyhow'... I offer that perhaps 'they' are also some of the heavier contributors to the 'fun factor' on this site (which includes the aggravation, etc, but then, I repeat myself).

Does any of this make sense..? of should I just STFU...again.. :D

No doubt I'll think of more to add later.. :p

Last edited:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
The speed of the site is kinda a concern for me, but the big things are the admins and the paying.
The administration has handled this whole thing by keeping their silence, and when people are not given answers or anything AT ALL they tend to panick, or believe every rumor there is. I think the administration should tell us ahead of time before they begin discussing big changes like the ones that are upcoming, and not try to keep it hush hush.

The paying thing, as i said in the other thread i will not pay to use this site. It is a reference and something i do when im bored, but im sure like many of you my budget does not have any money in it for internet sites.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
My only problem is the fact that users are going to be required to pay in order to access some parts of the forum.

Why would knowledgable members who are here not to ask questions, but to help others for the most part, PAY MONEY to do so? That's like paying extra to put your own gas in your car, would you do that? Mountainhorse has said he will pay the yearly fee, but many will not.

Number of users does not make a forum great, quality of information makes a forum great. I have a strong feeling the quality of tech info will go down. I hope I'm wrong.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
*snipped in a few places*

Speed would be good.... but change for changes sake (I know, it's been said, and said, and said...) is not. And that is what it feels like to most that are active.

There is good input out there and I would suggest that some u-turns would be beneficial. When all ones does is look at numbers and say 'so we lose 10%, and they're probably the vocal whiners anyhow'... I offer that perhaps 'they' are also some of the heavier contributors to the 'fun factor' on this site (which includes the aggravation, etc, but then, I repeat myself).

Does any of this make sense..? of should I just STFU...again.. :D

The speed thing is being addressed. With the server being shared with so many other sites, and everyone getting on in the evening, it does hit ALL of us. Soon we won't have that problem anymore!! :)

There are a few things being looked at, like a different set up for the sub-forums in the Brand sections. There were already things in the works, until we had to stop and try to slow the mis-information, rumor, and speculation that was running rampant. That will still be worked on, but that got pushed aside a bit instead of it being implemented sooner in BETA format.

I don't believe anyone is putting a percentage on what we might lose. We haven't lost sight of the 'fun factor'.......but I believe we can ALL do without the belittling and name calling. I know I get a lot of PM's from folks about things because they are afraid of posting on the open 4M because of the bashing that goes on. It shouldn't be that way. :(

Yes, it makes sense, and no.......you don't have to STFU. :beer;

This is a great site, with great people......and it can be even better!! I honestly believe that. :)

Sandy

BTW.....how do your hoodies run on size? I've got my eyes on one, but want to make sure of fit.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
The speed thing is being addressed. With the server being shared with so many other sites, and everyone getting on in the evening, it does hit ALL of us. Soon we won't have that problem anymore!! :)

There are a few things being looked at, like a different set up for the sub-forums in the Brand sections. There were already things in the works, until we had to stop and try to slow the mis-information, rumor, and speculation that was running rampant. That will still be worked on, but that got pushed aside a bit instead of it being implemented sooner in BETA format.

I don't believe anyone is putting a percentage on what we might lose. We haven't lost sight of the 'fun factor'.......but I believe we can ALL do without the belittling and name calling. I know I get a lot of PM's from folks about things because they are afraid of posting on the open 4M because of the bashing that goes on. It shouldn't be that way. :(

Yes, it makes sense, and no.......you don't have to STFU. :beer;

This is a great site, with great people......and it can be even better!! I honestly believe that. :)

Sandy

BTW.....how do your hoodies run on size? I've got my eyes on one, but want to make sure of fit.

lol, down to the important stuff.... you going to the Spokane show this weekend...? I'll be there!!

I think they are running on par with most the items I wear... I wear the XL in most coats, shirts etc, same in this stuff.

Premium Features