• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need input from the ladies!!!

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
There has been some behind the scenes discussion about adding a section/ forum on Snowest for the ladies...........

So lets here it girls, what do you think of having a section for ladies on here? Would you like to see this as one of the new changes on Snowest?

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
I think it’s a wonderful Idea there are just something’s you don’t want to talk about around the men!!!!!
Or ask them.
And now it’s become The new and Improved Howest !!!!!
what’s in it for us? So yes it’s a great Idea.
:beer;:beer;:beer;

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ladies, would you like it password protected or open for anyone to lurk/read?

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!

I think it should be totally open for everyone.

I'm a member on Thumpertalk (dirt bike forum very similar to SW, well it was:confused:) and they have a Thumpette section that is just another section. Mostly gals post and some men. Men ask the ladies questions all the time and it's easy to find a gals opinion in that section. ;):)

Snowestets

Sled Chickas

I don't know. I'm not that creative....:rolleyes:

F
Feb 21, 2009
Des Moines IA
I am surrounded amongst you hairy-backed knuckle draggers all day long in the high country! Why change it here?:D

Personally for me I am just as worried about cans, tracks and the base on the mountain just like the boys. If I want girl talk I'll go do Facedork.

But whateva boys. If you feel we are threatening you, make a forum.:D I'll still be in the Arctic Cat Section or the Wyoming section spewing wisdom to all.:face-icon-small-hap

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Personally I think I have the LR for all the CHICK specific information I need and I don't see a need for a women's section on Snowest. but that's jus tme, I'll post wherever I'm gonna post. I won't be opposed to you all who want one having a section.... But I also prolly won't hang out there too much, It's already too hard keeping up with the treads I'm on on here and on LR and on Dootalk!! Jeesh!!

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I think it should be totally open for everyone.

I'm a member on Thumpertalk and they have a Thumpette section that is just another section.
Yep, i'm over there too, and it seems to work fine as and open forum. Occasionally a chauvinistic asshat chimes in, but it happens so infrequently that a mod can remove it before it blows up into a big deal.

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
This has absolutely nothing to do with me, but I do have two pennies in my wallet.

I was thinking you could name it Girl talk It makes sense, since the forum will be pertaining to the sledders of the female persuasion.

I like the pillow fight section better, but somehow I don't think that'd go over too well. ;)

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Maybe we should have a "Just men" site too..... geesh!!! I need to adjust my pantyhose now....

www.ladiesride.com:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should adjust your hose because you're on there more than your wife.:eek: Get a user name and be yourself. As far as a "Just Male" site, guess what? I bet 97% of SW Forum members are male. Don't see too many posts in the Fouled Plug section called Male Pole Dancers and have women posting derogatory comments only to have it deleted by Admin. Really????:p

Yep, i'm over there too, and it seems to work fine as and open forum. Occasionally a chauvinistic asshat chimes in, but it happens so infrequently that a mod can remove it before it blows up into a big deal.

Yes, it does work. My wife tells me to look at posts and asks my opinion about certain topics and I am very impressed with what I have seen on that Forum. Hats off to those gals keepin it real. But for the most part it's her place and I think she really enjoys the boost and encouragement from other Ladies. Always see guys on there asking what gear works best and how do I get my GF or Wife to want to ride more ect, ect..........

My wife also suggested this on a local MX site and she got totally thrashed and thrown under the bus like I have never seen before.

My suggestion is:
Do it and announce it after it's done and see how it goes. If you post it for debate you're only asking for criticism and it will get ugly. JMO:face-icon-small-hap

Lady Chat

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
My wife also suggested this on a local MX site and she got totally thrashed and thrown under the bus like I have never seen before.

My suggestion is:
Do it and announce it after it's done and see how it goes. If you post it for debate you're only asking for criticism and it will get ugly. JMO:face-icon-small-hap

Lady Chat

Where are they, lemme at them!! thay can't thrash GP and get away with it!!! grrrrrr!! ;)

Good point on just doing it! Throw it up there, it's not like we don't hvae a MILLION other new sections on here! If it gets used it gets used; those who want to post in there can and those who want to keep themselves mixin it up with the boyz can! If not, delete it after a while!

Just in case it DOESN'T get started we have our own little forum, as mentioned above, that ANYONE can come to to ask opions (like how do I get my GF to ride more? and... What kid of pillows do you ladies like to use for your pillow fights in the mtns? hehehehe)

Wish, I assume you'd moderate it? Get on it chica! It probably really would be a good idea for women sledders to be KNOWN so they can be taken more seriously when they say they need gear that fits and WORKS!

Premium Features