• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I think the Mods need to intruduce themselfs

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
Hi im manowar I have the Gen 2 Polaris sub fourm. I like tech whrite ups and info for the D I Y person to help them maintain ther sled so if you have any thing to share please feel free to add. I live in Wisconsin and ride 2,200-2,500 mi a year on our wonderful trails. We (a few frinds and my self ) try to get out west once a year for a week in island park. it has to be my fav week of the year. I have been riding for about 8 years. I have 2 polaris sleds now and have owned about 10 total that range from my first 94 XLT that i still have to a few XCSP 700s and 800s to my 97 RMK 700 wich has transformed in to a monster with a 1200 w/c build.thanks for looking.

Last edited:
C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Name is Jay, Mod for the Snowhawk sub-forum. I have been riding sleds since 1989, I have owned all four major brands, more polaris than any other, and in 2005 I found my true love ( my snowhawk ). I have worked as a service manager at a ski-doo dealership for a couple years, left there because of lack of pay and benefits. I sell assistive technology to disabled people.

G
Aug 28, 2009
Bismarck ND
Name is Jay, Mod for the Snowhawk sub-forum. I have been riding sleds since 1989, I have owned all four major brands, more polaris than any other, and in 2005 I found my true love ( my snowhawk ). I have worked as a service manager at a ski-doo dealership for a couple years, left there because of lack of pay and benefits. I sell assistive technology to disabled people.

It's tough to find a dealer that pays well. Last dealership I worked at as a tech, I was only at $21 an hour plus commission. No benefits. I have that figure smoked owning my own shop. Sometimes we all have to move on... lol

~ Gimpster ~

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
My name is Chris, I get asked alot about my username, before I joined the forums here, I was a long time member of the Planetsand forums and that was my username, it just kinda transfered over, I used to love the Dunes, after a buddy took me sledding years ago I was hooked! I sold the sand toys and bought a sled, I thought about changing my username on here, but everyone knows me by that. long story short, I don't miss sand in my crack all weekend :)

I am 37, 3 kids, married for 10 years to a country girl (never thought that would happen) we have 4 horses, 2 goats, 4 dogs, and one cat, funny thing is, I am not a horse person AT ALL. I could count the times I have been on one with both hands. I feed my horses when I ride them :D

I was the proud owner of the first Twisted turbo PG M1000, it was a sweet ride!! Incredible power!!! After a weekend riding with a bunch of lighter 800cc sleds I decided to sell it and go with something lighter, gonna pick up a new M8! It will get Twisted also :)

My other hobby is photography, I got into it years ago because of my kids and because I loved the pics Graham used to post on here, now I have spent as much on photo gear as a new turbo sled :eek: (don't tell my wife) I can't decide which hobby I love more....

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Cat Mod

Hello My name is Kevin and I am the mod for Cat. I have been a SW member longer that a cat dealer. I was asked to help on the cat forum since I am always on it I thought I can help out no problem. I use to be justforfun and changed my name when I bout the dealership.

I have owned Mountain Magic Sports for 4 years and love it. I was called the full time customer before and everyone thought I was part owner. I had a Cell Phone store before and then it was bought out so I was looking for a new Business when I bought out the dealership. Before that I was a meat Cutter.

I am 43 married and have 3 kids. We love to ride and the friend we have made through the business and riding. I believe some of the best people in the world ride snowmobiles.

Last edited:
B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Brad, I am over the Idaho Conditions section. From Idaho, and pretty much am into any of the outdoor sports that Idaho has to offer. Currently Back in college working on a Degree in Construction Management with a minor in Business. Summers I install home security systems for an alarm co. based out of UT. I don't work during the fall and winter so I am online doing homework and fit what they were looking for in the mod for ID.

Skiied for 11 years, switched to snowboards and rode them for 13 years. Always wanted to get into sleds. Finally got myself into a $ situation that I could afford one and bought a 02 Poo800 fall of 06 without ever even riding one. Rode the piss out of it for a season, lost the crank, rebuilt it but decided to buy a D7 for my 2nd season and that is my current sled. Have been able to put on atleast 1000 mtn miles a year every year. Try to ride atleast 3 times a week , if the snows good I try to get out everyday. Not too big into big climibing more into pow, tight stuff, and started getting into jumping and doing drops end of last season.

Thats me. And yes I like people that play the devils advocate to stimulate good conversations.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Hi guys, Im Jake Barker. Im from Oroville Washington and currently am taking care of the Skidoo section. Im 20 years old and have been snowmobiling every weekend there is snow since I was 6. The two things that I love to do in the life are ride a good running sled in the backcountry and race motocross. I race pretty regularly in the pro class and have been doing that for a couple years now. I have been working on making sleds go faster since the old Phazer days! I moved from those up to a full tilt Polaris mod that ended up with a 925 PSI in it. From there I jumped to the Doo ship and currently ride an XP. Along the way I started picking up knowledge of clutching from some really good guys, sled setup from personal expirience and motor mods from my dad who has been an old hotrod guy for 40 years. I am now launching head long into the turbo scene full time and will be playing with different setups on my XP for this year at minimum.

Im in the middle of getting my Mechanical Engineering degree. Juggling that with running SilverNail Homes Dirt Work has been an interesting challenge but so far it has gone really well. I learned to run equipment building Motocross tracks and shortly after took over that side of our business.

If anyone has any more questions feel free to ask! I may not make it back to this thread for awhile so just shoot me a PM!

Jake

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
Hey, I'm Stacey...I have been snowmobiling since 1994, I've been a member of Snowest since 2002...and a lurker long before that. I've been reading on this site since way back in the beginning.
I live in South Central Washington, to be more specific...the Tri Cities, moved here a few years back...still adjusting to desert living (no snow??:eek:)
We have a cabin in the Cascades...and spend nearly every weekend up there (where the snow is:D).

I work as a bookkeeper, and just graduated college where I got a degree in Interactive Media / web design.

My very significant other, Scott (or Jeeper) have three kids between the two of us...boys, ages 20, 16, and 8. The whole family snowmobiles.

I am currently mod for the Washington section, and very recently a co-moderator with Shwee for the Powder Room.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I mod the Montana and the Perf/Mod sections.
I don't see myself that I snowmobile....I AM a snowmobiler...year round.
I found SW in 1998, 21 years after I rode my first sled.

Been riding since 1977.
I rode the piss outta that 72 Cheetah until my dad let me buy it in 1992. LOL Then I owned it until 1997. Was not a sled owner for 3 years (but I still rode almost every weekend.

Bought my 2nd sled new. 2000 800 RMK. Put some cool carbon fiber trailing arms on it and an SLP single pipe.

Now it's a full on mod sled and I have WAY too much into it. Only has 4 original parts left in it and they are all small parts that total less than $100. LOL. I've forgotten more things about modding that sled that I still know.

Wife's sleds have been a 97 XLT and a 2005 RMK 600.

Love to hunt, sled, golf, waterski, am a HS wrestling coach and middle school teacher.
I'm 37 years old. Been with my wife for 15 years (married for 12).
We have 3 kids.

My freshman year in college I grabbed a buddy and we got on our 12-speed bikes and we rode from Missoula to Spokane via highway 200 (235 miles) with nothing but our wallets and a couple water bottles just for the crap of it and to say we did it.

Last edited:
J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
hello everyone. im johnny!(aka ray) im the turbo yamaha mod. i like beer, sleds and hot women, not nessarally in that order. im a sledder a biker and a jet skier! i ride an 08 boosted vector and have been on a sled for 30 plus yrs!

Last edited:
K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
Well hello My name is Jeff
I am 36 Years old. Mod of: Yamaha
Live in Berthoud Colorado
I have 2 sleds one 02 Viper 700 1600 Miles on it
And one 500 Mtn Lite for my 10 year old daughter. (will put a govenor on it)
I have been in and out of the sport since 1988. Started riding with friends of the family we would travel from Arkansas twice to three times a year to ride
then got a Polaris indy 400. I thought that was the cream of the crop. I loved it
Use to travel from arkansas to ride in Meeker Colorado twice-three times a year, friends there have 560,000 acres for cattle.
I moved to colorado when I was 15 continued to ride. Moved away to Tucson Az.
Anyway I moved back to colorado when I was 20. Got back into sledding
I used our friends sleds to ride this time while I was waiting to be shipped out.
JI oined the Air Force and went to all over. Skuba dived some loved it
Anyway in 03 moved to arkansas got a couple of quads. Was a mod for a few other forums. I moved back in Feb. Decided not to borrow sleds this year and traded my raptor for a 700 viper. Joined this forum and thought I could help improve it some. And am enthusiastic about the changes.
I am on Late at night and in the mornings.
I work at IBM in Boulder Colorado,
I have a degree in IT/Web design. But my passion is Mechanical Engineering.
I am very DEDICATED to SNOWEST.

Thank you again for making sure my thread is in the right area. I can't imagine the countless, thankless, hours that have gone into making SW the site that it is today. You guys are all so amazing.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Hi,

I'm Skinner I have been sleding for ever and i'm a Mod of...................................................................................................................................................

Wait i'm not a Mod. Never mind!;)

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I mod the Mountain/deep snow, Wyoming section. My name is Tim Lindstrom unlike some think and actually called me "mark" on other forums confusing the Hi-Mark..lol. I am 41 yrs old, married and have 3 wonderful kids (13,10,5)I am a real estate agent and partner in a brokerage/ own a bodyshop/ manage a GM dealers bodyshop/and also sit on board of directors at local gun club and spend alot of time on SW..so you can say I stay busy.
I came to snowest in 2001 but started sledding in the midwest as a youngster at age of 8. First sleds, RUPP, Massey Fergussan, John Deere, then to real stuff. Current sled is a T900 Poo and a 685 07 Poo. I started to ride in the mountains in 1991 boy was that an experience! and its continued to be one. I have seen alot of people come and go from my circle of friends but my love and passion for it keeps me coming back and will continue to do so.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
My name is Josh,I mod the IQr forum. I am 22yrs old and have been sledding for over half of them. I live in center ND and work for a powerplant,I also farm on days off.

I currently have a 09 RMK 700,06 IQr 600 and 01 ProX600. I have had a good dozen sleds throughout the years before these ones. I ride off trail in ND and try to make it west at least once a yr.

I like to go to the lake,hunt,quad and work on pickups.

I have been a member since 2002 "old site",I am glad to be able to help SW out as it is a great site.

Premium Features