• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SideWinder reviews?

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Finally got the new Winder on the snow. Thank You Troy Lincoln County Customs (LCC), for getting her set up and dialed in. So picker her up a month ago and immediately dropped her at LCC. Short List EVO Stage 4 kit, Bullet Exhaust, Clutch kit. Viper Steering Post. Shocks revalved for my 260 pounds. Rest cosmetic. Only rode is like 100 yards stock. Did notice it didn't have any turbo lag. Picked her up and first ride was Alpine, WY LCC located there so thinking perfect for first seat time. Snow was thin so no off trail riding scared of land mines. EVO Stage 4 kit best money I ever spent on a sled. Had 2 super charged Apex's and MCX Nytro. All great at the time. Times have changed. The Winder while I noticed still heavy handles like a dream, and the $2k EVO kit just friggin pulls hard. Smile all day long. Love the Sidewinder...Come on snow.

My only issue is the clutch kit I purchased from EVO for my set up. I read here and on TY where EVO has a testing facility and tested their kit in Rabbit Ears CO. I talked to them no less than 3 times to make sure the set up I was purchasing would work in CO as most my riding is Park at 10k feet and go up from there. At Alpine it worked perfect at 7k-8k feet, then we rode Togwotee WY. At 9000 feet the with the lightest primary setup provided couldn't get the RPM's above 8500 on pulls in good powder at Brooks Lake. So pulled all the weight out and will see if that's enough to get my RPM's to 8800 when I get a chance to Ride Colorado. If they ever get snow...lol Not looking good yet. May have to buy another clutching kit. Anyone using one that works above 10k feet?
picture.php

Last edited:

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
LCC made this prototype nose vent kit for my Sidewinder to keep the snow from building up in front of the intercooler. Worked perfect all week. Call Troy Lincoln County Customs (LCC, 307-654-6637), if you want info. I'm sure they would fab more in the interest is there. Some snow does get in from the shock well but you can see it doesn't build up in front of the intercooler, just below it where there is no heat.

Attachments

• IMG_6415.jpg
    IMG_6415.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6435.jpg
    IMG_6435.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6421.jpg
    IMG_6421.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6428.jpg
    IMG_6428.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6429.jpg
    IMG_6429.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6432.jpg
    IMG_6432.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
U
Jan 6, 2018
Blow and belts like crazy

I have a 2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX The 1st Belt I only got 100 miles on Before I blow. the 2nd Belt I got 250 miles on before it Blow. Not sure wrote why it's going through belts like crazy I am breaking the belts in properly. Anyone having this problem.

U
Jan 6, 2018
Blow and belts like crazy

I have a 2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX The 1st Belt I only got 100 miles on Before I blow. the 2nd Belt I got 250 miles on before it Blow. Not sure wrote why it's going through belts like crazy I am breaking the belts in properly. Anyone having this problem.:face-icon-small-con

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Your clutches are probably out of alignment or there was a bad casting. I would make sure your dealer goes over the alignment and check everything twice. Yamaha clutches are usually bulletproof though. I change belts about once every two years just because I feel like I should.

Robr, If you are chasing your clutching you might look at adjustable primary weights so you can fine tune your RPMs. Really though, 300RPMs on a 4 stroke isn't nearly as drastic as it can be on a 2 stroke, you're in the right ballpark.

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Thank you for the advice and you are correct. Just a bit disappointed there is no more adjustment with a kit I paid over $200 for...lol Also, I'm down 300 RPM's at Togwotee. Prolly, should say "may be" 6-800 less RPMs in Colorado as riding is 3-6k feet higher.
Outside of the clutch kit they offer with their kit for my primary ride elevation....
The EVO Stage 4 kit is amazing. Highly Recommend... Anyone debating on a purchase, can pull throttle mine...If we ever get snow...lol

Premium Features