• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

toe holds

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I'm pretty sure the toe holds are for the trail guys that steer with their feet

I've ridden with some old school guys in the midwest, the ones that show up with the openface helmet and 1970 vintage snowmobile suit..
And they dust everyone!
When they are ridding they look like the
RC toy snowmobile guy because they dont lean into turns, they use their toe's
In the footwell to steer.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
My dirt bike jumps plenty good without toe holds.

Ever watch super cross:face-icon-small-dis

when i see super-x with snow covered pegs, snow covered engine covers, smooth engine covers, and the rider with snow covered pants..........ill agree with your statement.

W

waldito

Jan 13, 2011
Courtenay BC
when i see super-x with snow covered pegs, snow covered engine covers, smooth engine covers, and the rider with snow covered pants..........ill agree with your statement.

Almost every extreme sport out there, People are doing huge airs without "toe holds" some down hill mountain bikers ride clipped in but its not just to keep there feet on the pedals so they don't go into an unintentional superman. Mt'n bike, bmx, dirt bike, and even skateboarders all to huge airs without "toe holds"....And yes I do jump my sled without toe holds with ice and snow all over it. I seriously think that the people arguing about this have never had their track off the ground.

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
Almost every extreme sport out there, People are doing huge airs without "toe holds" some down hill mountain bikers ride clipped in but its not just to keep there feet on the pedals so they don't go into an unintentional superman. Mt'n bike, bmx, dirt bike, and even skateboarders all to huge airs without "toe holds"....And yes I do jump my sled without toe holds with ice and snow all over it. I seriously think that the people arguing about this have never had their track off the ground.

what he said^

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
like i said before if your feet are far enough forward to actually utilize toe hooks your nuts would be touching the mountain strap to be leaning far enough forward not to point your skies to the moon and land strait up and down or even inverted.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
well hell, i hope you guys are right. i ordered the adjustable ones. still need to pick them up. it feels pretty "loose" without anything there though (seat time in the garage)

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
well hell, i hope you guys are right. i ordered the adjustable ones. still need to pick them up. it feels pretty "loose" without anything there though (seat time in the garage)

I'd never hooked my boot in until halfway through last season. A couple guys I ride with hook in while carving, especially in steep descents. I did get used to riding that way during that situation only, but can get used to it either way. I don't think there's a right or wrong, proper or improper technique. A guy in town that rides for 509 uses his toe hooks on his Axys. I know of two Ski-doo ambassadors that said they would be using the toe hooks on their 850. Norona stated that he doesn't need them referencing other pro riders that don't use them either. It's probably $230 that could be saved. I'm going crazy analyzing petty things like this as the sled sits in my garage. We all just need snow!

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
there handy on super deep decent pow carves but you also don't notice not having them either and i would defiantly not recommend toe hook for jumping in any situation at all lol.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I'd never hooked my boot in until halfway through last season. A couple guys I ride with hook in while carving, especially in steep descents. I did get used to riding that way during that situation only, but can get used to it either way. I don't think there's a right or wrong, proper or improper technique. A guy in town that rides for 509 uses his toe hooks on his Axys. I know of two Ski-doo ambassadors that said they would be using the toe hooks on their 850. Norona stated that he doesn't need them referencing other pro riders that don't use them either. It's probably $230 that could be saved. I'm going crazy analyzing petty things like this as the sled sits in my garage. We all just need snow!

actually I was the only one on our team who said they should be on the sled, everyone else said they should not, that is one reason why they are accessories. I use the foot wells on the xm and that is why I liked them and wanted them on the G4, however half of our test sleds did not have them and I ended up riding a lot on those and found after a week i did not want them or need them, this is the only reason i tell guys to wait, try it and if you do want them you can spend the money, why spend the money first if you find you don't need them, more for beer!!

P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
The only use for the toe holds on my Axys is for my young kids (with short legs) to rest their feet on when I take them for rides. Other than that they are in the way. Actully the mountain stap is there for the same reason, kid hand hold. To bad it's not heated. :)

Premium Features