• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle Bar Taper?

Backcountry Bandit

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2008
Hey guys, anyone tell me if the stock risers are fat bar compatible (1 1/8th)? Or are they 7/8"?

Going to the CFR bar and wondering if I need to swap out riser too.

Thanks!

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Hey guys, anyone tell me if the stock risers are fat bar compatible (1 1/8th)? Or are they 7/8"?

Going to the CFR bar and wondering if I need to swap out riser too.

Thanks!

CFR makes an adapter or yes you will need a new riser

Last edited:
M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
with the mountain bar top clamp, your going to need a riser for 7/8 only, otherwise bolt holes wont line up.
was going to use the original 5" riser from my xm, but found out quickly it wont work.

2hr's in and got most decals off, misc. foam and sound deadening off, riser situation figured out, repositioned throttle and kill switch. also got link brackets on. for us w/o electric start, hope someone comes up with a good use for the area behind the seat, kind of an eyesore.
also think putting the clutch guard is going to be a pain in the ***. too tight. otherwise nicely built sled

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I tried not having a mountain bar last season and found that I really didn't need it and prevented me from being lazy in technical situations. So the heck with that thing

K
Sep 4, 2012
Tri-Cities, WA
So the stock riser is absolutely beautifully machined, I'm 6'6" so I need the tall riser on mine... but I'm sad about it cause the stock one is so good looking :face-icon-small-sad

Premium Features