• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Couple G4 tidbits from haydays

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Interesting toe hold concept! :)

The limiter strap adjuster might be a bugger to use when packed with ice and snow though. Nice idea for sure!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the limiter strap adjuster is pimp imo! would look better in billet al. tho. wonder what holds it put, probably gotta loosen/tighten the center bolt?
aftermarket is gonna snatch this one up and have a push button on the bars for it soon i bet. skinz did the rear coupling, but if you could just suck the front down quickly or let it out, that would be just as good if not better.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
That limiter strap adjuster is not new this year. May be first production sled though?
Just like the floppy rear rails that nobody knows about, been out for 2 years now.

GS6

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
That limiter strap adjuster is not new this year. May be first production sled though?
Just like the floppy rear rails that nobody knows about, been out for 2 years now.

GS6

Exactly, old tech moved to the G4. BRP has the patents wrapped up, too, so someone will have to twist the IP to offer new versions.

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
I had the limter strap on my Freeride 154" 2016 last year.
It was ok quality, no problem.
But on that machine it was useless, it was nose heavy anyway....
G4 felt so much better in that respect, main reason why i will have that for this year.
Will see if I need it on the G4, first service thing if so.
The adjustable raiser is a must, would like a picture, way too high on the prototypes at least.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I had the limter strap on my Freeride 154" 2016 last year.
It was ok quality, no problem.
But on that machine it was useless, it was nose heavy anyway....
G4 felt so much better in that respect, main reason why i will have that for this year.
Will see if I need it on the G4, first service thing if so.
The adjustable raiser is a must, would like a picture, way too high on the prototypes at least.

You can adjust the adjustable limiter strap to where ever you want it. And the G4 sleds will have a riser that is 1 inch shorter than the prototypes, we don't change them during the prototype sessions because they are already expensive to build, so changes are noted before, during or after prototype sessions with riders and then changed in the production run. The adjustable riser is great but once you know your size it is lighter and easy just to get the specific riser for your height. cheers dave

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
starter

I assume that the starter bendix does not come installed when the unit is ordered without an electric start? If not, can the starter bendix be installed without removing the motor and simply pulling the mag cover?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Toe hold on an off-trail machine? :face-icon-small-con

Is that starter nosed into the recoil, or is that a separate pc?
Either way - it appears to be a new recoil housing.
Actually appears to be a whole new recoil design altogether. (actuation)
I wonder if it's plastic or alum?

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I assume that the starter bendix does not come installed when the unit is ordered without an electric start? If not, can the starter bendix be installed without removing the motor and simply pulling the mag cover?

Yes bendix does not come installed, but if you buy a kit you can install it after, without taking out the engine.

Premium Features