• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 D8T

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
09 dragon 800 turbo, check engine light flashes 5 times which i think is exhaust sensors error. not sure how they read but its on at idle and mid throttle but usually shuts off on full throttle. if sled runing on rich or lean side will that make that light turn on? dont know if it needs replaced or just better tunning. also at 5000 rpm sled goes supper lean to 17 but i can get passed by full throttle and it then reads normal 11- 12. just between 5000 and 5500 i have problems, i addjusted the rpm switch point .5 and helped a little. if i go more its worse. cant seem to fix that spot and worried about the moter. any help would be great thanks!!!

C
Feb 8, 2008
Five flashes is the exhaust temp sensor. When that sensor goes out the motor also won't run over a certain rpm ( I think 7500-7700). Not sure if the ecu limits rpm by cutting fuel or spark, but that may be why you have the other problem also.

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
sensor

Five flashes is the exhaust temp sensor. When that sensor goes out the motor also won't run over a certain rpm ( I think 7500-7700). Not sure if the ecu limits rpm by cutting fuel or spark, but that may be why you have the other problem also.

That's exactly what's going on only could get 7500 out of it ill get a new one. Thanks for the help.

F

francois

Sep 2, 2010
Quebec, Canada
Mine did that last year and dealer change it. Problem solve..

For your ither issue Im seeing the exact same thing none that im starting riding my td8. I was scared yesterday because we all know that dragon used to be lean in the midrange.

Thinking of playing with the box so that the boost fuel engage sooner in the rpm curve. Maybe this will help..

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Did that fix the lean midrange problem? I have the same issue, without the det light flashin. I have tried dropin the yellow and blue down to 1.5, its still lean. Today i raised the fuel psi to 52 and i went to 15.5 at idle, i have to wait to try it out again.

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
lean

Did that fix the lean midrange problem? I have the same issue, without the det light flashin. I have tried dropin the yellow and blue down to 1.5, its still lean. Today i raised the fuel psi to 52 and i went to 15.5 at idle, i have to wait to try it out again.

put new exhaust sensor in and lean part is still there, no det light on me either. let me know if 52 psi helps at all.

Premium Features