• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandt shock up grade front arm shock setting

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Its not what I think, if you want to come over I'll prove it. I have changed my suspension many times to find where it performs and letting it sag is only lowering your suspension travel which in turn will make you drag faster. to much pre load on the front and you just as well have a short track. As for the valving it has a different ride and better performance but the suspension still works the same.

Last edited:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Its not what I think, if you want to come over I'll prove it. I have changed my suspension many times to find where it performs and letting it sag is only lowering your suspension travel which in turn will make you drag faster. to much pre load on the front and you just as well have a short track. As for the valving it has a different ride and better performance but the suspension still works the same.

My buddy has the Holz set-up, and he has to run more air in rear shock for the same performance.

If your spending the money on the Burandt kit and setting it up "AS per the Book" your loosing a lot of the potential of the suspension.

Some may need more pressure, some less. But your telling people to set it up a certain way and not try others settings.

I have tried my set-up from 100 to 150. 125 is my sweet spot.
I only know this because I have tried other settings.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
My buddy has the Holz set-up, and he has to run more air in rear shock for the same performance.

If your spending the money on the Burandt kit and setting it up "AS per the Book" your loosing a lot of the potential of the suspension.

Some may need more pressure, some less. But your telling people to set it up a certain way and not try others settings.

I have tried my set-up from 100 to 150. 125 is my sweet spot.
I only know this because I have tried other settings.

There is no psi I recomend, What I say is after you ride it and have snow build up get off the sled on flat ground, walk to the back and lift up on the bumper if it comes up more than 2" you are only loosing usable suspension, I run mine closer to 1-1.5". If its 3" that puts your sled 3" closer to the snow and being stuck. It will also make it wheelie more. The setting have to work with the front skid as well and if the front is not set to work with it the effect may be different. If you like it thats what counts, my opinion is, I think there could be better performance, although performance has to do with rider style and whos to say anyone rides the same way,

Premium Features