• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comments about the PM about Thunderstruck 9 Teaser

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
wait... he married his sister? OK, now it's making much more sense....

PE

When trying to get married on the very cheap, it is best not to try and cut down the amount of family that is going to attend by marrying your sister... Sometimes the ends don't justify the means... :face-icon-small-sho

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
I like the occasional PM's I'm getting from Snowest Forum. I don't check the snowmobiling forums in the summer except when I get a PM that there is something new. Thanks for sending the PM's, Christopher- I'll stay on the list of people who like to get them.

Dee,

It's not really about if you enjoy or dislike the PM's. It's easy enough to delete something in the cyber-world that you didn't want in your in-box. For me, (and based on what I have read here written by others, they agree) it's the principle. If Christopher (or anyone else for that matter) wants to put up a forum post extolling the virtues of a particular product, I'm all for it. To me, that's part of the appeal of any forum: product reviews, and discussions thereof. The issue that I take with him (or anyone) sending out a mass-PM, is a bit more complicated. As the head administrator for this site, that is an endorsement. Now, we return to the issue: does Christoper own SW? He says he doesn't. But, SW the forum has just endorsed a product. HE IS SW. In the role he occupies, HE IS SNOWEST, and SNOWEST IS HIM. And, by using special privileges he has as the admin (an "everyone" distribution list) he has handed out an endorsement. That's why he should build a different normal alias, and make his opinion based posts from that one. As a matter of fact, I think all mods should. More on that below.

Christopher has claimed that he/snowest has not been paid for said endorsement. OK, fine, then under the principle, he should plug every single vendors product on this site. Unless, of course, he wants to turn this into a revenue generator, and send out advertising PMs from paid advertisers.

You have to pick what side of the fence you want to be on. And this applies to every issue; including membership fees. When you have a car, and you pay the gas, and you pay the insurance, you get to decide what and where you want to try and drive that car. But, as soon as someone else is paying for your gas, they now have a say in where that car goes, (or does not). Chris is asking the members to pay the gas here, and then telling us where we are going, and what path we are taking. If he's gonna do that, I ain't payin' for any fuel. Christopher's behavior shows that he wants to be able to flip sides of the fence to whatever suits his desires at the moment.

But, an even bigger issue, is the dude won't man up and apologize when he's caught making a mistake. He tries to backpedal and make excuses. It's like dealing with a spoiled child. It's his sandbox, and he gets to make up the rules as we go along, oh, but he still wants us to pay to play with the toys in the sandbox.

The mod issue:

here's a link to the official thread:

www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2311824#post2311824

Let's see if "OZ" will buy off on it.

PE

Last edited:

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Not to re-kindle an old fire...

...but found THIS IRONIC!

Concerning the PREMIERE (locally) fo my FIRST EVER "AMATUER" sled film...

My post in a Nevada Section thread (of course,this will probably be "edited" too,so it wont be accurate):
"SATURDAY.... TOOOODAY! 7:00PM AT MULEYS! IIIIIITS "SNOW-TIME!!!" Way to go backcountryrebels.com, westcoastsledders.com and Thin Air Powersports with steppin in and putting up some COOOOL stuff! THANKS ALL!"

The SnoWest reply to my inbox:
"Hi PowderCrew,

Please note: This is an automated message.

You are receiving this message because I felt it necessary to edit one of your posts.

================================================== ========================
Post: SATURDAY.... TOOOODAY! 7:00PM AT MULEYS! IIIIIITS "SNOW-TIME...
Thread: "AWAKE" & "ALIVE" premiere party!
Reason:

This edit may have been done for any number of different reasons, Formatting, Language, Spelling/Grammar, or Content. We hope you understand that our goal is not to offend or cause contention in our actions as moderators, but to ensure that all forum rules are followed and that the content of our forums is of the best quality. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this message and I'll be happy to explain in more detail.

If you'd like to review the general guidelines that we as moderators use to help determine when these types of actions are necessary, please review them here: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38399

But please also understand that not all of our actions are black & white and we do have to occasionally make judgement calls on what we think is best in keeping with our instructions as Moderators on SnoWest.

Thanks for your understanding."

and THIS would be MY response:
"It wasnt "advertising"... it was A THANK YOU! Remember how you guys "advertised"... I mean "didn't advertise" THUNDERSTRUCK? Well... im too "small-time" to get anything big outta what I do, in fact... its cost me a few hundred with no profit coming my way. THOSE 2 sites and our local dealers stepped up and OFFERED almost $600.00 in raffle prizes! THATS HUGE.... snowest has yet to even acknowledge the other MAINSTREAM FILMS out there: SLEDBETTIES, KRAZY CANADIEN.... im not even expecting an EMPIRE like SNOWEST to acknowledge lil' 'ol POWDERCREW... but it feels good to know others have. And they deserve CREDIT for that, no matter WHERE IT IS!"

PRETTY DAMNED IRRITATED!

W

whitegold46

Mar 3, 2008
Smithers, B.C.
...but found THIS IRONIC!

Concerning the PREMIERE (locally) fo my FIRST EVER "AMATUER" sled film...

My post in a Nevada Section thread (of course,this will probably be "edited" too,so it wont be accurate):
"SATURDAY.... TOOOODAY! 7:00PM AT MULEYS! IIIIIITS "SNOW-TIME!!!" Way to go backcountryrebels.com, westcoastsledders.com and Thin Air Powersports with steppin in and putting up some COOOOL stuff! THANKS ALL!"

The SnoWest reply to my inbox:
"Hi PowderCrew,

Please note: This is an automated message.

You are receiving this message because I felt it necessary to edit one of your posts.

Post: SATURDAY.... TOOOODAY! 7:00PM AT MULEYS! IIIIIITS "SNOW-TIME...
Thread: "AWAKE" & "ALIVE" premiere party!
Reason:

This edit may have been done for any number of different reasons, Formatting, Language, Spelling/Grammar, or Content. We hope you understand that our goal is not to offend or cause contention in our actions as moderators, but to ensure that all forum rules are followed and that the content of our forums is of the best quality. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this message and I'll be happy to explain in more detail.

If you'd like to review the general guidelines that we as moderators use to help determine when these types of actions are necessary, please review them here: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38399

But please also understand that not all of our actions are black & white and we do have to occasionally make judgement calls on what we think is best in keeping with our instructions as Moderators on SnoWest.

Thanks for your understanding."

and THIS would be MY response:
"It wasnt "advertising"... it was A THANK YOU! Remember how you guys "advertised"... I mean "didn't advertise" THUNDERSTRUCK? Well... im too "small-time" to get anything big outta what I do, in fact... its cost me a few hundred with no profit coming my way. THOSE 2 sites and our local dealers stepped up and OFFERED almost $600.00 in raffle prizes! THATS HUGE.... snowest has yet to even acknowledge the other MAINSTREAM FILMS out there: SLEDBETTIES, KRAZY CANADIEN.... im not even expecting an EMPIRE like SNOWEST to acknowledge lil' 'ol POWDERCREW... but it feels good to know others have. And they deserve CREDIT for that, no matter WHERE IT IS!"

PRETTY DAMNED IRRITATED!

Do you have a teaser on you tube?? .... got a link?? would love to see it.... if that is allowed.... :face-icon-small-hap

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I see T-Struck now has a banner ad on the site, which I believe has been there for quite sometime now. Did Jim step up the advertising or ??????

All we ask is that each and everyone gets the same treatment, I understand where Chris is coming from and is just excited about sleds and snowmobiling in general, finds something he likes, and wants to show the masses. But with the authorotive position Chris is in, PM's may not be the best avenue. A Thread in General might suffice?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
This lady...

Fail-Dumbass.jpg

Just as right as Christopher.

Premium Features