• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What don't you like about your sled?

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
LOL Wish... you got what I was getting at. Thank you for your answer! :beer;

Armysledder, sounds like she's use to using the throttle I would give her a shot at the 800 and let her see for herself if she likes it! :)

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Hmm let's see now. Think I have most of my issues fixed besides adding some other stuff, but here are the main things.

1. The track, my attack 20 would fold over on anything remotely hard. Made for interesting riding. :eek: Fix- put a challenger on, though I would like to try out the new powerclaw now.

2. The clutching, it didn't have a lick of low end power and didn't shift well. New spider (rollers were flat and weights were sticking), spring, and secondary kit from rkt fixed her up real good. :D It is amazing, you hit the throttle and she goes!

3. Plastic rear bumper :rolleyes:, don't have it yet but I really like the van amburg rear section.

4. It is a pig, I'm always the one out of fuel first :mad: which leads to my 5th problem.

5. The gas rack stucks, my gas can loves to be anywhere else other then in the rack! I bought straps for it, the plastic snap broke, so I added bungee cords. Still lose the stupid thing every once in a while. Oh well if I get the new rear section I will have a new rack. :face-icon-small-hap

LOL Wish... you got what I was getting at. Thank you for your answer! :beer;

Armysledder, sounds like she's use to using the throttle I would give her a shot at the 800 and let her see for herself if she likes it! :)

Yeah thats what I am thinking and if she likes it that will give me the good reason I need to sell the 1000 and snowcheck a 2011 XP like i want too.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
5. The gas rack stucks, my gas can loves to be anywhere else other then in the rack! I bought straps for it, the plastic snap broke, so I added bungee cords. Still lose the stupid thing every once in a while. Oh well if I get the new rear section I will have a new rack. :face-icon-small-hap

I bought a rubber truck floorboard mat, cut out 2 sections of (about) 3" by 8" each, cleaned my tunnel, used black silicone and stuck those sections on. Now my bungies don't even have to be super tight and my gas can does not move. Cheap, easy.

IMG_0210.jpg

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
That Michelob Ultra changed the size of their cans and they do not fit into my dashbag as well. :beer;

Jan 21, 2008
well what I don't like about my sled is that it hasen't been uncovered & dusted off & greased & such yet. we finished remodeling last saturday & i was kinda surprised the other half didn't want to start the sleds on sunday - well come to find out he hadn't been feelin all to well & when i asked him monday morn whats up he said you better take me to yakima to find out about these chest pains & such. brought him home today - no heart attack - no heart damage - but has to go down for a stress test. we are talkin a cowboy here. not real sure how ya get one of them on a treadmill. i've seen him saddle a horse to ride 1/4 mile so he wouldn't have to walk it. men... ya can't live with them & ya can't live without them (well i guess if i had electric start):rolleyes:i turn 50 in 9 more days. that means i can start drinkin first thing in the morning starting right now - right???

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
well what I don't like about my sled is that it hasen't been uncovered & dusted off & greased & such yet. we finished remodeling last saturday & i was kinda surprised the other half didn't want to start the sleds on sunday - well come to find out he hadn't been feelin all to well & when i asked him monday morn whats up he said you better take me to yakima to find out about these chest pains & such. brought him home today - no heart attack - no heart damage - but has to go down for a stress test. we are talkin a cowboy here. not real sure how ya get one of them on a treadmill. i've seen him saddle a horse to ride 1/4 mile so he wouldn't have to walk it. men... ya can't live with them & ya can't live without them (well i guess if i had electric start):rolleyes:i turn 50 in 9 more days. that means i can start drinkin first thing in the morning starting right now - right???

Sorry to hear about your old man what a bummer.... its ok to be 50 you just have to still think your 30 you'll be ok..... its not so bad,
By all means have a beer its good for everything....:eek:

And Happy 50th Birthday.

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
i turn 50 in 9 more days. that means i can start drinkin first thing in the morning starting right now - right???

That's the protocol in my family! After 50 there is no more waiting until noon. Family motto for 50+ and all vacations (regardless of age) is "it's noon somewhere!". LOL!

Hope your cowboy is okay and that you get that sled on the snow soon!

Sheesh - I'm such a hijacker on this thread! Sorry B! My sled is brand new and I have ZERO complaints right now.

Premium Features