Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-2011, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2019, 01:03 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Skis Up is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1000 in M7 Issues Ideas

Thinking about putting a XF 1000 motor in a M7,
The M7 is super clean kinda low on power, that is why ....
are there threads about this already... seems like a seen a motor mount
that was to help with this change over????

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Basic Member
mbcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of good reliable 800bb out there, wayy cheaper & easier

Old 03-04-2019, 06:22 PM
Currently: Working to save $$$
Mjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond repute

I put a M1000 based motor (it was a 1300 BB)in a M7. It was a lot of work but not tough. Like said, itís expensive unless you already have all the parts. Ask your questions and Iíll respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently selling:
Arctic M parts

Old 03-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Basic Member
Skis Up is an unknown quantity at this point
Default parts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjunkie View Post
I put a M1000 based motor (it was a 1300 BB)in a M7. It was a lot of work but not tough. Like said, itís expensive unless you already have all the parts. Ask your questions and Iíll respond.

Hi
Thanks for your insight....
Doner Crossfire 2007 1000 complete sled

1)Are there Wiring harness issues?
the M is either a 06 or 07
2) I've seen some notes about extra motor mounts, although many use extra on there M or XF 1000's already
3) any extra stiffing/reinforcements required

This could be fun ....
Craig

Old 03-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Currently: Working to save $$$
Mjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond reputeMjunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skis Up View Post
Hi

Thanks for your insight....

Doner Crossfire 2007 1000 complete sled

1)Are there Wiring harness issues?

the M is either a 06 or 07

2) I've seen some notes about extra motor mounts, although many use extra on there M or XF 1000's already

3) any extra stiffing/reinforcements required

This could be fun ....

Craig

Iím not sure in what way the XF may be different than the M, so what I say may be a little different than what youíre doing.

Swap the entire wiring harnesses, including handlebar controls. Theyíre different enough you pretty much have to. In fact all of the electrical needs to be swapped (ecu, ccu, coils, of course).

As far as motor mounts, beneath your clutches on the M7 you have the mounting plate with 2 rubber mounts. The M1000 has a plate with 3, but the 2 existing ones line up perfect with the m1000, so you just need to fab the 3rd out of aluminum and get it welded into place. Youíll also have to fab another one that goes just below your coolant bottle and a little towards the center and get that welded onto the bulkhead. Be very careful welding this one because it is basically on top of your front heat exchanger in the tunnel and if you burn a hole in it you are SCREWED!! Itís part of the entire bulkhead so fixing it would be a MAJOR PAIN IN THE A$$. The opening to your recoil on the side will need to be enlarged a bit, the servo motor relocated, and maybe your steering rod (mine did on the 1300, maybe not needed on a stock 1000). Those were the major things. Do a search for the thread I did called Building my M. It has some pictures and other details. It was a TON of work for a guy in his garage but I have ABSOLUTELY LOVED that sled. Itís been sad parting it out

Currently selling:
Arctic M parts

The Following User Says Thank You to Mjunkie For This Useful Post:
Timmy! (03-07-2019)