Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
09cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with Tuning

09 M1000
Speedwerx Y, pipe, SLP can, and Koso EGT's
Stock intake

Clutching:
89.5 grams MDS weights with a cat red spring (75-220) RPM’s are 7600 on a hard pull. Also tried Polaris gold spring (100-275) with 92.7 grams MDS and it was 7780RPM
It runs very well on the top but around 4200-5800 it sucks.
I ride at 2-4000ft

A full throttle pull of 45 seconds at 7600 rpm is 1153 degrees. A full throttle pull when it is bogging is about 1015 degrees.
How do I tell if it is too much fuel or not enough.? When it bogs it sounds terrible and at full throttle it will only go to about 6800 RPM. But if I let of for a second and pin it it will rev right up. The pipe has a completely different sound to the pipe when it is running right.
The primary is brand new with only 75 miles on it. Secondary looks very good and the rollers are in good. Belt deflection is also set properly. Just cleaned the power valves to see if that would help but did not. I am about ready to just take everything back of a ride it as we have had a record snow fall already this year with over 2 hundred inches. The other thing I was wondering was about intake. I am running the stock sno pro intake. Do these require an aftermarket intake to run with the pipe?
Sorry about the long read I just really want this thing to run good. As it is now I would rather ride my wife high country 8.
Is it a myth that there is piped M1000’s that run flawless.

Last edited by 09cat; 12-31-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM
likkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond repute

Are the P Valves sticking? Cable out of spec?

Old 12-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Currently: Gearing Up for the S*#t Show
Basic Member
HILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond reputeHILCLMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tuning

You need to post all the Mods done to your ride so folks can point you in the right direction.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:45 PM
AaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond reputeAaronBND has a reputation beyond repute

Are you running any kind of fuel box or did I miss it in your post I read about 5 times?

Old 12-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Basic Member
09cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry about that. I am running a PCV with a map that I purchased from a tuner.
I realy want this thing to run right, and I just dont have the experiance or the knbowledge to make it happen. I am good with everything except fueling requirments. I thought that there was enough of these around that it was pretty close to bolt on, plug in and run.
One thought I had and not sure if it is possible is that had to much weight in the cams to where it would not pull it to max rpm if I was running in the mid range. But if I started out low and got it into the powerband it would pull it on the top end. I was useing weight in the arms to bring down the RPM about 450 rpm to start with instead of just changeing the spring. and adjusting the weights. I hope that makes sense.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Currently: Working too much
Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,431 Posts
RACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you are running rich in the midrange and may be just the mag cylinder that is rich (typical on this sled). If I built your map PM me and Ill look it over this weekend. If I did not build it then email it to me at racinstation@hotmail.com and Ill look at it.

The Racin Station

60 South 1st Street Driggs, Idaho 83422
Ph: 208-354-2777 E-Mail: racinstation@hotmail.com

The Racin Station is your TURBO MOD HEADQUARTERS
for Arctic Cat Proclimb 8000/1100 and Yamaha Vipers and Sidewinders!

TIMBERSLED FULL LINE DEALER!!!
Proclimb Carbon Fiber Vents
Your MDS weight headquarters
Team ProClimb secondary complete setups ready!
Reman M6,M7,M8 and M1000 cylinders in stock.

Jaws M8 Singles for the 2012-2017 in stock!
Jacobsen Rollover valves in stock for M1100Turbo and Viper/M7000!!
Camoplast 3" and 3.2" 174, 162 and 156 x15 tracks on hand now

Old 12-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Currently: Trygstad 872 T3-174. Giddyup
av8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond reputeav8er has a reputation beyond repute
Default add an after market air intake- I recommend SLP

only around $50, I had issues with my 09 m1000 until I added an air intake, it allowed my sled to get the needed xtra airflow, it made a noticeable difference