For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-2011, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Currently: Not set.
sleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2010 M8 Jaws single pipe and Y-pipe

I have a 2010 HCR that was a sponsored race sled that I picked up. The owner said the motor was ported then sent to Arctic Cat and dyno’d and they downloaded a fuel map for it with the stock pipe and snopro airbox. I did a little research and see that the race sleds have hill climb ecu’s so wondering if that’s what I might have here. It runs strong but I like to mod things. I picked up a Jaws single pipe and y-pipe they say doesn’t require a fuel map. Any harm in bolting things on and check plugs. How hard is a boondocker box to get dialed in if I need one? Where do I start I’ve never run one but understand that I may need to add fuel. I ride 3k to 7k. That hcr track sure spins a lot it’s got to go.
Sleddude

Last edited by sleddude; 05-19-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-20-2019, 12:32 PM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute

Ported....race sled...custom map...unknown mapping...

Those are all words which would discourage me from doing anything to it. Race sleds are tuned to the edge of fuel and timing. If you change much, you likely upset that balance and burn it down...or run horrible.

Even running from 3k to 7k...I'd be careful about detonation. If they ported/tuned for 7k+ (which is not unheard of), you might detonate easily down lower. Did they cut the heads? etc.

So, with all the unknowns, throwing a pipe and silencer on it could upset how it runs and the reliability. You'll have to find out more details before you do much, if anything.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:25 PM
sleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond reputesleddude has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not sure about the head. That’s what my buddy I ride with said too.
Thanks for the reply Jim, I appreciate it.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:03 PM
Basic Member
mbcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond reputembcat has a reputation beyond repute

If that thing is dyno tuned to stock hcr pipe you'd be hard pressed to get much useable gains from a jaws set up unless you get it duno tuned to that pipe set. If it has a hillbox it will have added timing. You running 94oct in it?

Old 05-22-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcat View Post
If that thing is dyno tuned to stock hcr pipe you'd be hard pressed to get much useable gains from a jaws set up unless you get it duno tuned to that pipe set. If it has a hillbox it will have added timing. You running 94oct in it?
No just 92 pump gas is what I was told to use. It even has another bung welded on the pipe just before it bends to the can but it looks like they must of not used it, it’s never been tapped. Yes I bet your right that the stock pipe is dialed in as good as I’ll get. Thanks mbcat for the reply.

Last edited by sleddude; 05-22-2019 at 06:43 PM.