• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need rear track shock polaris

S
Apr 21, 2019
I am rebuilding 1998 Polaris XLT SP 600 with XTRA 10 121" style suspension. I just noticed the rear track shock shaft was broken from upper mount and a chunk is missing from center of shaft. It is a Ryde AFX adjustable compression shock OEM # 7041694 and cannot find one online. I cant measure the total extended length because chunk missing to order a replacement. Is there somewhere that sells aftermarket that would fit this sled or does anyone know the dimensions of this particular shock? Or am I going to have to try and salvage a used one somewhere?
Thanks- Shane<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
About the only new replacements being made for those are cheap standard types (good chance nobody even makes a gas shock, let alone rebuildable). That said, if you're just looking for something functional, sources like Dennis Kirk or MFG Supply can probably help you. If you're looking for a quality shock, then you'll just have to keep searching eBay and maybe call around to some parts houses (like Al's Snowmobile).

What condition exactly is your shock in? As I understand it, the shaft is broken and the top mount is missing. If that's the case but the body of the shock is still in good shape, it may be fixable. I'd bet if you dig deep enough, you can find a shock guy who has the top mount sitting around, and shafts are usually common sizes and can be fabricated for most shocks. Unfortunately, there's a good chance you'll lose the adjuster. I was able to get my rear track shock rebuilt with a new shaft (a RydeFX double-adjustable shock, and the parts weren't cheap), but had to stick with the original shafts despite some pitting on the ski shocks because only solid replacement shafts are available. The guy who worked on them is Jerry Butler (JBShocks.com) – I've talked to him on the phone, and he's pretty helpful, so try giving him a call.

C
Nov 21, 2019
Ebay seller andreefam has quite a few XLT suspension shocks. They post the eye to eye length. You may end up having to just 'spitball' it to get it right. They might also know if you were to ask them. They are a really good bunch of people. Don't know them - just helping put their kids through college every time I visit their store.

Premium Features