• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1987 Yamaha exciter 570

B
Nov 20, 2018
Not exactly sure how to use this site yet but I made this acc because I am stuck. I have a 1987 Yamaha exciter 570, it sat for a year so I cleaned the carbs but it won’t run. I cleaned the carbs 4 times. All jets and ports, it’s spotless. I can put starting fluid under the plugs and get it to run for about 30 seconds but dies off. It is getting gas and it does have compression. New plugs. I am getting spark. When I get it to run for that 30 seconds if I hit the throttle it dies off even faster. Any help would be appreciated

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
It's been a long time but don't those mix the oil in the carb? I had one of those new. It was always terrible about plugging the carbs. I really think you still have a restriction in the carb. Is the choke plunger lifting?

B
Nov 20, 2018
The oil injection is going to the head or the block I believe, none goes into the carb. I thought there may be something going on with the choke so I adjusted it to spec and the line is tight. It’s a cable choke. I’m very stuck on what to try next

Premium Features