For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
General Snowmobiling Snowmobile related topics only

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2017, 03:31 PM
Currently: Not set.
newmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Steerable Sled Dollies

Anyone know of anything like these that can be purchased in the US?

http://www.safedriving.se/skisaver-eng

Sure Grip dollies have been great but suck with the new SkiDoo recesses spindles.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to newmy1 For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-01-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Currently: Needs to snow
Thanked 2,284 Times in 952 Posts
CO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond repute

I have Carbide Savers. The design and the tires are more beefy compared to the ones in that link

http://www.weknowsnow.com

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to CO 2.0 For This Useful Post:
newmy1 (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Basic Member
FREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine has these and they work great, but I don't know if they work as good as the ones in the video you posted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sled.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	285668  

Last edited by FREERIDE_MT; 09-18-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Currently: Needs to snow
Thanked 2,284 Times in 952 Posts
CO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeCO 2.0 has a reputation beyond repute

I have those ones as well. They do work good. I've had to replace my wheels on them once. Probably from too high of speed running them. They don't do off road though like the carbide savers.

http://www.weknowsnow.com

Old 09-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Currently: Wishing I was more like Elky
Thanked 4,043 Times in 2,247 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREERIDE_MT View Post
A friend of mine has these and they work great, but I don't know if they work as good as the ones in the video you posted
I had a set of those and after rebuilding the wheel attachment a couple times I gave them away. If you were only on hard surfaces I bet they would work OK.

But I'll give another vote for Carbide Savers. I seen these in action the other week and was impressed. Very solid built. I figured I would order my own set of them.

http://www.carbidesavers.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to NorthMNSledder For This Useful Post:
richracer1 (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 08:37 AM
Currently: Let 'er SNOW!!
Timbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond repute

The problem i see with the Ski Saver is the small area that contacts the bottom edge of the ski. ALL of the front end weight of the sled is on the 2 points circled in red in the attached file. It looks like there are "teeth" on the tops of these areas as well, which only complicates the problem. I would think the underside of the ski would get torn up badly during use.

Just a thought . . .
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Thanked 1,195 Times in 690 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbre View Post
The problem i see with the Ski Saver is the small area that contacts the bottom edge of the ski. ALL of the front end weight of the sled is on the 2 points circled in red in the attached file. It looks like there are "teeth" on the tops of these areas as well, which only complicates the problem. I would think the underside of the ski would get torn up badly during use.

Just a thought . . .

Thats the only way they can keep them from kicking out. Backing up, or going forward, if you catch any bump or ice chunk they are going to try and move forward or back. That hook on the ski tip is only holding them down, they need those teeth to bite in and hold them from moving front to back.

I agree, they are going to cause so wear and tear to the ski bottom, but my ski bottoms always look like they have 10,000 miles on them after one season. Too many creek crossings, sharp rocks from ridge lines and early/late season riding.

The Following User Says Thank You to SRXSRULE For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-16-2018)
Old 09-20-2017, 10:34 AM
Currently: Doing the Sidekick Switch
Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,006 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this, I have a set coming. I've been trying to find something like this that didn't have an overly high price tag. The four wheeled flat ones that seem to be the most common do not get along with the seams in the driveway.

FYI, they have free shipping for the lower 48 till 22 Sept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthMNSledder View Post
I had a set of those and after rebuilding the wheel attachment a couple times I gave them away. If you were only on hard surfaces I bet they would work OK.

But I'll give another vote for Carbide Savers. I seen these in action the other week and was impressed. Very solid built. I figured I would order my own set of them.

http://www.carbidesavers.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to richracer1 For This Useful Post:
NorthMNSledder (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 02:56 PM
trail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond reputetrail traveler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alternative option for you to consider

I added these to my sleds and will be giving them a try this season. Since they stay attached to the sled, they are always available to use in any given situation. They don't add any additional width to your ski stance either maximizing room in your trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDxHKZwbahU

Old 09-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 16,492 Times in 7,909 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
newmy1 (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 06:21 PM
Basic Member
FREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 09-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Coldfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Coldfinger For This Useful Post:
newmy1 (09-19-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Currently: Meadow Muffin
Thanked 1,307 Times in 728 Posts
89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute89sandman has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-14-2017, 01:14 PM
rmkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond reputermkelvis has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to rmkelvis For This Useful Post:
SkidooSteve12 (11-01-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 10:05 PM
Currently: ready for snow
jsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to FREERIDE_MT For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-01-2017)
Old 05-16-2018, 05:31 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 16,492 Times in 7,909 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Thanked 6,664 Times in 4,283 Posts
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Currently: Snow angels in dog parks
Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,169 Posts
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Currently: Waiting for Winter Again!!
Basic Member
Ford Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Ford Guy For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 10:40 AM
Basic Member
maximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond reputemaximumpsi has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-21-2019, 05:02 AM
Currently: Waiting for Winter Again!!
Basic Member
Ford Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond reputeFord Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Currently: Waiting for the snowstorm of the Century
Ride_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond reputeRide_The_Rockies has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Currently: Snow angels in dog parks
Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,169 Posts
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register