• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MonoRail strength?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Meet a guy riding a couple weeks ago who said owned force turbos. Said he was in the process of building billet alpha rails. Said if anyone was interested to call force turbos for info. Not really interested since mine was covered under warranty.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
how are the traditional rails formed?
Machined extrusion that is bent/rolled into the desired radius.

Since the straight section of the Alpha rail is a Giant A shaped extrusion its WAYY too strong to bend, it will just rip hence the cast nose section with the curve to it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Machined extrusion that is bent/rolled into the desired radius.

Since the straight section of the Alpha rail is a Giant A shaped extrusion its WAYY too strong to bend, it will just rip hence the cast nose section with the curve to it.

After staring at a broken one......

I think the whole thing is weak.

59448f25d2bb6c0f83e847698eea94f2.jpg

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
wouldn't billet aluminum be better? or is billet too trick for AC. im surprised nobody is making a billet uni-rail yet. patents my @ss...
edit: not an engineer either except on the keyboard:)

Nobody is willing to pay what that would cost.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^carbon fiber might be good alternative, if done right.
not sure about cast.. but the internet does spread fear..
billet would be trick, you'd pay it:eyebrows:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The cast aluminum will never last.

Forged is somewhat better. (Will bend without breaking)

A full billet rail would be insanely expensive. (But plenty strong)

An assembly of billet machined pieces bonded together would probably be the most cost effective. (Strongest vs $)
The front cast part is magnesium not aluminum.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
...she was just riding it down the trail when it collapsed out from under her...

B

Boondockingak

On a good note, got my new rail 4 days after ordering it!

Mine just broke in the same spot as yours. I have not hit anything with the front hard enough to break it. Any info on warranty? Did they let you choose colors? It started spitting clips like crazy. It looks like the glue/epoxy wasn’t sticking correctly and wasn’t supporting it at all. Normally when you pull something apart that was glued, you’ll see the adhesive split. When you look at the old adhesive, it didn’t look like it stuck at all to the purple rail.

bcsnowdog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
frank mountain bc
Face it if your riding a single rail this is next level sledding.Your riding the most advanced suspension/track innovation in over 20 years suck it up there is going to be some failures. Cat is covering most under warranty.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Face it if your riding a single rail this is next level sledding.Your riding the most advanced suspension/track innovation in over 20 years suck it up there is going to be some failures. Cat is covering most under warranty.
A monorail causes next level riding?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I was told that where the rearest pivot/mount is to the monorail that they like soldered 2 aluminum blocks on and riveted them as well and heard guys having a failure there? Can anybody else confirm that one? Supposedly a guy just got a long bolt and drilled through the rail there and that worked well for a fix.

Premium Features